By Anonymous - 11/09/2011 04:19 - United States

Today, my father in law drunkenly announced at dinner that he wished my husband had married my best friend. No one stuck up for me. Not even my husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 454
You deserved it 3 384

Same thing different taste

Comments

Contact a divorce lawyer because your husband does not love you. Leave such a marriage now and save yourself a lot of pain down the road.

You're a ******* idiot. Just because the husband didn't immediately say something doesn't mean he doesn't love her. ****, no wonder divorce rates have been climbing. Why don't you try having a talk with the guy first, OP? Don't listen to the people telling you to divorce him. Maybe he had a really good reason (like not causing a scene or thinking the father would forget since he's drunk and all) for not saying something.

theonlysweetpea 10

Why are you waiting for yoyr husband to be your white knight? Be your own hero! Tell Papa Drunk to take a flying leap

theonlysweetpea 10

When I'm upset with drunk people I tell them the truth in a reasonable way then when they sober up, I repeat it. That way, there's no miscommunication. I have asshole family members (father included) who say dumb shit while drunk. You don't have to argue but you don't have to take it. Just saying.

I think everyone was too chicken to say something, I would be asking your husband and your friend some questions

Well what kind of wife are you? My entire family hated my brother's ex because she was a rude bitch and if someone had said something like that to her we wouldn't have stood up for her either. Don't whine about what was said, find out why it was said in the first place.

skyeyez9 24

Your hubby also agrees, or he is spineless and didnt have the balls to stick up for you.

skyeyez9 24

If this type of scene is a regular occurance of your in laws humiliating you, and hubby saying nothing in your defence and fails to set boundaries. You need to.seek counseling and divorce if that doesnt help. You dont deserve to live like that.

aypppppppppp 0