By Anonymous - 28/11/2013 16:53 - United States - Livingston

Today, my family and I finished moving to Texas. As if that isn't bad enough, I'll have to introduce myself all over again to everyone I meet and explain that yes, my parents really did name me Lilypad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 557
You deserved it 4 339

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

She could always meet Marsh-mallow and live happily ever after

boxbrandon11 20

Just introduce yourself as lily for short

how I met your mother immediately came to mind

Zimmington 21

57- depends on what part of Texas she moved to because I never hear that frase where I live

Brightbulb 39
Soniye 14

But Lilypad sounds like a cute name ! :3

I had no idea who Lilypad was but I will just laugh and pretend , just to fit in.

But then who will remember her? I will always remember a person with a name lillypad.

OP, keep your head up, at least your parents didn't name you "Happy Thanksgiving" like a woman on the news the other night (sad when that's a news story!). Really though I, at least, don't judge by name, your name is unique.

My name is Tuesday and I didn't like it for a while. But now I'm so glad that I have a unique name, no matter how annoying the jokes/ puns can be. But if you don't like it, go by whatever you do like!

CallMeMcFeelii 13

I'd hate having the name Tuesday! Mainly because I ******* hate Tuesdays. Mondays are alright just because you're back to work, Tuesdays though, that's when you realize you still have 4 more days of that shit. Certainly a unique name though. Better than McFeelii.. People look at me and think "sexual harassment". Which is quite accurate actually..

that's pretty cool, if it's true, I enjoy unique names because there is usually a really awesome story behind it.

sezual 15

That is a very cool name. My first and middle names are two of the most common in the US and have been for decades. I've never been in a classroom/office where there wasn't another Sarah.

My name's Hope and it can be a pain in the neck with all the puns people make, but seriously I'm happy I have a name that not many others have

I knew someone named Nine. I like the name Tuesday too :) I really enjoy unique names mostly because I have such a common one, and being called "Hannah Montana" is not fun >:(

ItsAnanya 25

My name is Ananya and No one ever gets the pronunciation right. But when they do , they end up making "A - None - Ya Business" jokes.

Aligator67 12

#35 Is it weird that I laughed at your comment?

MzZombicidal 36

I don't even have a crazy-unique name. It's Kristine, but somehow people always call me Kristina, Kristen or Kristian. It's like if you replace the C-H in Christine with a K people get confused. I also can't help but love the name Lilypad! It sounds really cute.

Shoot my name is TreMil. Sometimes i hate my name because of the struggle to pronounce it(TRUH-MEAL) but i love that i feel unique. And it does have two capitol letters which is awesome

GhostDuck 30

Exactly. She can introduce herself as Lily to her peers, and she can give her full first name only when necessary. I have a friend Simmy who does that and only gives her full name when necessary. Even the teachers call her Simmy.

lilmslady 11

Ha i have an unique name its Sakaria, (sa-car-ria) and since im black most people think its another flambouently ghetto name.... when its really hebrew for *god remebers* so dont feel bad!!

My first name isnt all that unique but my middle name is Azaylie, apparently I was like the first person to have this name, I like it, I dont know if i actually was the first one to have it tho.

See it as a fresh start - go with Lily instead :-)

She could go with Lily if she really hates her name, but I think Lilypad is a cool name!

You should legally change that as soon as you can

#6, I see no reason for Op to change her name. It's unique and if she doesn't now, she will end up loving it!

PrinceKitsoon 7

At least you're a girl and you can just go as Lily it's still the truth.

CaliLoveFire 23

I think you should introduce yourself at Lily.. or tell them to spice up a conversation starter.

Well, welcome to Texas. I'll try to remember you if we cross paths