By loserllamalick - 07/10/2013 14:32 - United States - Rochester

Today, my boyfriend was rubbing my leg. He started laughing and said, "Babe, is this your leg, or am I petting Daisy?" Daisy is my dog. I need to shave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 717
You deserved it 39 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't believe women should be required to shave. If they want to, fine, but the whole stigma against going natural is well...unnatural.

SparkleFace 14

Why us she getting so much hate for this. It's her body. She shouldn't be required to shave.

Comments

Lol. I love the double standard. Yes ladies. You SHOULD shave your legs if you WANT to be NICE to your significant other. We shave our face so you don't complain when we kiss you or go down on you. We "manscape" down there so you don't have to deal with a 70's fro and funk when you return the favor. You should try to do the same. If your man/lady isn't complaining it's because they're tolerating it so they can get laid instead of get in a fight. Not because they enjoy it.

Sweetpea22 14

I don't mind hair. Not every women likes clean shaven faces

Not saying that's not true. And not saying there aren't guys out there that don't mind. I know it takes a gal a lot longer to primp than a guy. I'm just saying that MOST, not all, guys appreciate and prefer it when you do. Lol. I knew I was going to get hate for this post.

No please, keep generalizing. I'm just getting my popcorn, I'll be right back.

Sweetpea22 14

I know many guys who aren't shallow assholes and think women should shave to appease them

#46 Are you ******* kidding me? The double standard is on the opposite side! It is completely acceptable for men to not shave their faces or anywhere. Even at work. And now beards are considered sexy. A guy wouldn't be insulted or being treated less than a man if he didn't shave. The only hairs acceptable on a woman's body are the ones on her HEAD. And even then, if she has too much in the wrong places, she must get rid of them.

#79 what makes you think I didn't toss out the generalizations just for the reaction so I could get my popcorn first? Mmmm. Popcorn. Yum. :)

Personally, I like a man who is clean shaven, so if I expect my other half to shave his beard, I will have the courtesy to shave my legs. It's a give-and-take. I don't quite understand women who are complaining that it takes too much time to shave. Once you're in the shower, you lather up anyway, so it's not that much effort to grab a razor - two strokes and armpit hair is gone. Furthermore, if you choose not the shave, that's your problem, but stop assuming that all women who do shave are only doing it to please society. You're upset that people are judging your choice, but you're doing the same. I shave because I want to!

#127 Nobody is saying anything about women who choose to shave. I do shave too because I like the feeling of smooth skin on my body. We are talking about the fact that society rejects women who choose not to shave, and somehow consider them dirty or lazy, when it should be their choice what to do with their body.

Sweetpea22 14

Society expects women to be shaved every where and think women who aren't are gross. Way to miss the point of the comments saying it's a woman's choice to shave or not

Society also advertises women as extremely slim, but not many women actually fit under that category. It always comes down to choices, so stop trying to justify your beliefs by blaming 'society'.

#142 So you just basically agreed that society imposes ridiculous standards on people, and yet you don't see our point. Hmmm ok. Whatever floats your boat.

Parkour_rocks 20

I agree with #127, nicely put. Also, what is so wrong about having opinions on attractiveness? Even if they are based on societal norms. It's what is commonly accepted. The woman in Africa who put rings on their necks to make them longer are deemed to be attractive by the males because that's how their society sees attractiveness. I think that if people are in a relationship, grooming should be decided. If one of the people has a problem, it shouldn't be this huge deal that they are being forced to conform to societal standards, it should be a compromise to make the significant other happy. Just like not getting really fat. Staying attractive to your significant other should be something that is important.

jw90 18

Then do so instead of posting this FML!

Damn, you hairy ass hell then if your legs feels like a dogs fur.

150493x 29

Why do some guys have an expectation that girls have to have hairless legs all the time? Having hair on your body is not wrong or unhygienic either, unless you don't wash at all. For those saying it takes 5 minutes that is not entirely true. Epilation (shaver style device that plucks hair) can take me up to half an hour per leg. I may not have to do it as much as shaving but I still find it to be such a chore. Don't get me wrong I do feel good with hairless legs but it's not something I'm going to do all the time because someone wants me to. My boyfriend doesn't mind at all.

Sweetpea22 14

My sentiments exactly. I love smooth legs, but it's tedious to shave them all the time

akimes94 5

Shave the dog. *drums* plot twisr

It is getting cold out...it's not a bad idea to grow it out a bit until a date comes upZxx

Can everyone stop being feminist assholes and stop telling this girl that not shaving is okay? IT'S GROSS.

At least he didn't say that when he was rubbing your feet