By Anonymous - 07/10/2013 15:03 - United States - Houston

Today, my dad got me a GPS for my birthday. I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't have a permit or a car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 481
You deserved it 3 691

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GogoTheGreat 12

Attach it to your bicycle. You never know when you might need it.

Comments

\ 28

Might as well start studying the area you live in, so driving will be super-easy. Give killer directions, too. Who knows? You might even be the next Ferdinand Magellan!

Maybe take this as motivation to start on that?

OP, check if there's still a GPS in your dad's car..?

Superglue it to your head? That would work.

I'm going out on a limb here. Get a job and buy one?

It can be for whenever you get your permit and car.

OP's dad: "oh you don't have a car? I'm so sorry...I guess I'll have to use the GPS"

BamBAmGG 14

Or so OP doesn't get lost when walking to places. Maybe OP gets lost easily? lol

GogoTheGreat 12

That'd be nice, but OP doesn't even have their permit. It'd be at least a year until they get a car. I highly doubt its a two part gift.

Wow. you just might be right you know.

crazytwinsmom 25

Christmas is coming soon. And some states only require permits for 6 months.

But you will someday, I presume? It's a pretty nice gift. Way to be appreciative.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

op did say they appreciated it..

I honestly cannot tell if that was sarcastic or not.

Doc, I feel like this is something you would do...or have done? :O

Attach it to your bicycle. You never know when you might need it.

That is a nice idea, but it might lead to: "Today, someone stole the GPS from my bike. FML." On the other hand, it gives me another FML to leave dumbass comments. HOORAY!

Rainhawk94 27

#5 - It's probably thanks to guys with suggestions like yours that FMLs keep pouring in. keep up the good work!

With suspense like that, OP's dad is the modern Alfred Hitchcock!

Well put it somewhere safe when you do start to drive that will be your golden light and bop your dad on the forehead why not get that when you're like 16 or 17 and staring to drive ?

maybe it is a hint as to what gift will come next?

Ch_rae5 19

yeah there are alot of comments saying another present later will be the car but no one thinks about how he/she has to go get his/her permit

I had a car before I even started taking classes. OP may not want his car damaged, and bought OP their own to learn in. Regardless if OP got a car or not should just be appreciative they got a gift at all. Let alone an expensive one.

They're great if you ever rent a car, or you could use it when you drive with your friends.