By undanya__four - 10/04/2015 20:19 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, my boyfriend told me he's prepared to commit to marriage, but only if I buy my own ring and tell everyone he surprised me with it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 157
You deserved it 3 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tell him you're ready to commit to have kids with him, only if he goes and ***** himself

lexiieeex3 32

Taking credit for you spending thousands of dollars? Wow how ******* sweet of him.

Comments

lexiieeex3 32

Taking credit for you spending thousands of dollars? Wow how ******* sweet of him.

I kind of think he's trying to break up with OP in a roundabout way. I just can't imagine anyone being that thick

chef4money 12

Sadly there are woman that would do this. I can only imagine that they are desperate for marriage. it's possible that the guy can't afford a ring and doesn't want to be embarrassed. either way I sense a lot of red flags.

I'm with #38. While I generally advise women not to get hung up on the ring, in this case, I'd say it's pointing to a bigger problem. Especially as he expects to get credit for "surprising you with it."

OP's boyfriend is a ******* cheap-ass.

lexiieeex3 32

I would have just said to him, "Okay great! Now all you have to do is pay for the wedding, the honeymoon, the house, the car, and the divorce and we're all set."

gintwinsmoore 20

#38 I agree. as a matter of fact I've seen this happen. an old friend of mine bought herself a $2000+ wedding ring and told everyone he bought it but I was with her when she charged it to her card. all but forced him to marry her. they're divorced now. 7 years of marriage- too long!

Swandive235 27

If you love someone enough, then yes. But men are expected to buy dinner and most everything. It burns a hole in your wallet.

Geckosrock99 33

#70 Whoever invited should pay, regardless of gender, unless both agree to pay for their own meal(s). That's more fair than always making the guy pay.

tell him you're ready to commit to have kids with him, only if he goes and ***** himself

That's really the only proper response.

Attacksloth 33

You win one internet. Has no cash value.

That's kind of shitty of him. It sounds like you two have some matters to discuss.

"Then you pay for the entire wedding and tell everyone I planned it all myself!" :D

Steffi3 40

Yup, he is clearly very commited

Tell him you're prepared to commit to marriage but only if he mans the **** up.

He's right. You should get yourself a ring. And then wear it on your right hand as a reward for kicking that bum to the curb.

A_Little_Girl77 12

what does he even think marriage is?