By yawning - 01/02/2011 20:14 - Australia

Today, I woke up at 3am to go to work. This will be my new routine from now on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 932
You deserved it 9 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And I'm assuming you get off roughly eight hours later and have the rest of the day to yourself? Congratulations on having a job.

This website's point is to post anecdotes that you think make your life shitty. If we looked at each FML the way you do with this one, for example with an anecdote posted by a man about his girlfriend, we would see in the comments things like " Well not everybody has a girlfriend. You do, so just shut the **** up ! "

Comments

comepoopwithme 0

damn mexicans.... always whining.

And I'm assuming you get off roughly eight hours later and have the rest of the day to yourself? Congratulations on having a job.

He also gets to sleep much earlier as well. So he really isn't gaining anything

My only issue with that time would be the fact that I'd want to sleep the rest of the day away. Either that, or I'd stay up until the evening, but I'd miss out on the night life and catching up with my friends who work/attend school at normal hours.

I wasn't trying to point out that he's gaining anything but now that I think about it, it's a pretty decent schedule if he has weekends off. I'd go to bed around 9.00 and would be home from work before noon. My husband worked a midnight shift and he got twice as much done during the day, never had to skip work for appointments or anything, and made it to all the school events.

peabody89 0

unless hes in the army...then u get up tht early n work until 6pm...fta

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'm amazed that the FYL votes are winning on this one, Doc. Lazy, spoiled bastards.

Me too IF, although YDI doesn't seem to fit this idiot of an OP either, since he/she obviously doesn't deserve this job

Most jobs that make you get up early will usually have higher wages too.

This website's point is to post anecdotes that you think make your life shitty. If we looked at each FML the way you do with this one, for example with an anecdote posted by a man about his girlfriend, we would see in the comments things like " Well not everybody has a girlfriend. You do, so just shut the **** up ! "

44 - Wouldn't that be rather hard if OP is in college or high school? It would certainly **** with their circadian rhythm. Note: I realize OP didn't say whether they need to do any schooling, but it's just a thought.

_Vamp_ 9

I love your comments, Doc. I swell up inside with joy when I see you bash the hell out of stupid people with your words! And now, here is a bunny for your enjoyment: ( /) ( . .) c(”)(”)

I feel like punching some of you people to the moon. Yes, it's not a huge deal, but don't pretend you've never complained about some aspect of your jobs.

110 ******* percent agreed with 70. All of you people telling him to stop whining can shut your ******* traps right now. You all know this sucks. He can't help it if he was raised to hate waking up at 3 A.M. like, oh, I don't know, the entire ******* planet?! Shut the **** up! I know which website to go to if I want to get some anger swelled up quickly...

And I know, you people will be like "It's reality, you bitch! Shut up! Accept it!" Look, I know there are some things you just have to suck up, but this is ridiculous. You HAVE to admit that. It's a recurring pattern on this site to rip people apart. It really pisses me off (as evidenced). This website is proof that the world is evil. Just positively evil. You people have no heart in your chests.

I applaud you sir, that bunny is art. ;)

FaceMelter- The reason people are saying "Quit bitching" is because waking up at 3 am.. so that you have enough time to get ready, drink coffee, and commute to a job that most likely starts at 4:30 or 5am IS NOT THAT UNCOMMON!!! There are many jobs that require people to start this early. "FML"s are supposed to be something that is horrible yet UNIQUE to your life. This is extremely common.

sandmancometh 3

I agree, 99%. of people piss and moan about their job but aren't willing to find another one.

FaceMelter, yes I'm sure to a 16 year old like you, waking up at 3AM sucks. But to a good portion of the adult world, it's reality. Yes, everyone complains about their jobs, their bosses, their cars, their husbands/wives etc, and yes some people even get their anecdotes published here. But considering the economic climate these days, obviously there are some people who feel OP shouldn't complain. It doesn't mean the world is evil. Look around, watch t he news. Look at what's happening in Afghanistan, Sudan, Egypt, and Iraq. There is proof that the world is evil. This stuff here is child's play.

I complain about my job every fourth day; I've never felt my life was ****** because of it. It's optional so if I hate it, I can leave. If I lament that it's a difficult job market in my chosen profession, it reminds me that I'm lucky to have that job. Telling OP to suck it up does not make me evil. And I certainly don't expect FMLs to be unique situations since there are billions of people in the world and there is such a thing as commonality. I just think this particular OP (and a few of the commenters) should grow up. I do hate it when people comment "things could be worse" but in this case, the issue is so minimal that only the immature would consider it a life-******* problem. Go to bed earlier, ducky, and pile on the caffeine. In two weeks time, you'll wonder that you ever worked any other way.

noto_fml 0

Doc I usually agree with your bashing of the OP but not on this one. The OP didn't whine about having a job but the hours he has to work. You have to admit that those are some ****** up hours. It is something that is somewhat worthy of a FML.

thats because its hard to find jobs. He should just be grateful that he has one, even if he has to wake up early. A lot of people do, its called life. WELCOME TO IT!

You realize this life you talk about is a social construct propagated by humans. It's not an immutable state of the universe.

in all honesty I'm with the people who think this ISN'T FML worthy, mostly in part because OP is not the only one who has to go through this. *Note to OP and all the people who agree this is an FML. Think about it, if an employee has to come in at whatever time OP has to, then there's a strong chance that there's someone else who's gotta be there too, to make sure that you're not slacking off or anything so don't think that you're the only one.

Most of the time people are complaining about the stupidest things. I work grave shift as a guard. Im AT work before OP here is even deciding to get out of bed.

I work at home ad have to get up at three to start work at 3:30 for confrence calls.

pimplayer 0

op man be greatful you have a job, it's a recession.

WTF are you whining about? If this is your new routine, soon 3am won't feel like 3am anymore. I suggest you quit the job so someone who actually wants to work gets a chance.

that's what I was thinking. if it's that much of a problem wouldn't they just quit?

newjerseyguy 0

much agreed, any grateful person wouldnt complain about the hours they work.

UpsidedownKayak 9

Congratulations on your new routine, I guess...ummm...you're being a little vague.

fearthereaper79 0

Stop being a little bitch, I hope they fire you soon so you can stop your birching.

The question is, how much does OP get paid for birching?

I agree with the above and just go to bed earlyer dipshit

Before you call someone a dipshit, you should probably learn how to spell 'earlier'.

I work overnight and never even THOUGHT about posting a FML about it. I mean, sure it isn't the best shift ever, but so what?!?

I work overnight too and it does suck, but that doesn't mean op's life is ******. Just means you need to shut the **** up and go to work. It's time to grow up.

I work overnights too, the only thing that sucks is working Friday night into Saturday 'cause I can't go out with my friends. OP be happy you have a job.

Thanks for telling me your schedule when I honestly can't give a ****.

just means every1 knows when he's not in

You aren't required to read this now are you? Get da' **** out of here.

You aren't required to come onto here and try to belittle me are you? No. Get off my D.