By Anonymous - 09/07/2009 17:50 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend of 5 years admitted why his pet name for me is "his beautiful swan". Apparently, the first few years we were dating, he and his friends secretly referred to me as "the ugly duckling" because my sister was so much hotter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 501
You deserved it 3 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

His friends are total assholes, but at least HE loves you, right ? :]

at least now he thinks you're beautiful, right? at least I hope so...

Comments

Okay, so his friends are dicks, but I actually think that's kind of sweet. Wanna know what my boyfriend calls me? Pocky. Because I like the Japanese snack food. Your pet name means something, and it really is a compliment :)

Pocky is the best. :) Also, FYL, but at least you're beautiful to him

Hugorgy 0

Pocky is the otaku's favorite treat!

Glam_fml 0

Who cares? He has stayed with you for 5 years. He obviously loves you and thinks your beautiful, otherwise he wouldn't be dating you. Oh boo hoo, you have someone that loves you and cares about it.

seb12992 0

The FML is that his friends called her ugly. Pull your head outta your ass ****.

Mata_Hari 0

That's good. So now I guess you're hotter than your sister?

it's okay. i used to call my boyfriend pizza sex because we started as f*** buddies and it wasn't too great at the beginning, but at least it was something. He's totally okay with it now that we've been together 10 months though.

Well, you said that was when you started dating, right? so you know he's with you for the right reasons, at least. yes, it sucks, but at least he loves you and you can tell he's not a shallow bastard.

fretforyerlatte 0

honestly? i think he sounds like a keeper. obviously he cares a lot about you, he's been with you so long and was able to see past the fact that you weren't that cute, and loved you regardless. and now he is rewarded with being with a great girl who now IS hot. i think it's a win all around. let your "ugly duckling" past be the past, enjoy being his beautiful swan now! it's really sweet.

That's what I was thinking. This FML needs a "so what" button really badly. I mean, so he called you an "ugly duckling". Big ******* deal. #1 it was 3 years ago, and #2 he still stayed with you so obviously he didn't care that much. "Today, I found out my boyfriend truly loves me for who I am instead of my looks, FML" I mean come on.

kawa_fml 0

You don't need that. No one deserves to be treated like the piece of meat that didn't measure up to the one next to it. If I were you, I'd ask him to search his soul and make damn sure he doesn't feel he's 'settling' for you or anything, because I'm sure you can find someone who DOES think you're the most beautiful girl in the world and won't treat you like second best.

Oddly enough, from hanging around with all guys at work this doesn't shock me. The two who are in serious relationships have both said their girlfriends sister is hotter. But they are in love with their gfs and thats all that matters. They still think the gfs are beautiful.

I had a boyfriend whose brother was hotter but was a total asshole. For the first second I met the brother, I thought "ooh maybe i'm dating the wrong one". Then he opened his mouth and that thought never crossed my mind again. Besides, when you really love someone, they become that much more attractive to you.

sexymessy 0

AWW thats HORRIBLE!! I have no clue what goes through a guys head sometimes,but i don't think he should have told you that.