By Anonymous - 09/07/2009 17:50 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend of 5 years admitted why his pet name for me is "his beautiful swan". Apparently, the first few years we were dating, he and his friends secretly referred to me as "the ugly duckling" because my sister was so much hotter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 501
You deserved it 3 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

His friends are total assholes, but at least HE loves you, right ? :]

at least now he thinks you're beautiful, right? at least I hope so...

Comments

nataliebear 0

omg.. get over it. it's been years. and he's been with you for this long. he obviously believes that you're beautiful to him. hence your nickname. why make such a big deal about jokes? seriously.. i make fun of my boyfriend around my friends all the time and he does the same with his.... it's not like he's calling you a ***** or anything like that.. and it's sweet that your nickname has meaning to it! it says "my friends don't think you're beautiful, but i do" isn't that all that matters? that HE thinks you're beautiful because of your personality? my boyfriend has a belly and gained a little weight since he came back from Japan. i make fun of him all the time, but honestly i think he's cute and he knows i think so... and that's all that matters.

waah_fml 0

Doesn't that mean you got hot somewhere along the way then? What's the problem?

LeCorsaire_fml 0

at least you are now the swan.

It was kinda harsh of him to call you the ugly duckling as well as not stopping his friends from doing so. But now that he's not calling you it he probably feels guilty about what he used to call you. Anyways, he said you were the ugly duckling compared to your sister. But that could just be that your sister is amazingly beautiful or something.

congrats on getting more attractive! that must sting a little but hey, he DID stay with you.

chrismace 11

This is fmylife.com, not lets see how we can related everything we see to twilight to start a fight. Seriously, this is the one site people shouldn't fight about that. Op, your boy friend is a huge ass hole, but he is still with you.

paper_flowers 0

awww, that sucks :( I would prefer if he didn't tell me...

coco_13 0

ohh i used to get that too!.. i also have a sister prettier than me... hmm i havnt been called it in a while though =(

not sure why it's an fml. your bf thinks you're beautiful no matter what anyone else says. put away the insecurities :)