By Anonymous - 09/07/2009 17:50 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend of 5 years admitted why his pet name for me is "his beautiful swan". Apparently, the first few years we were dating, he and his friends secretly referred to me as "the ugly duckling" because my sister was so much hotter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 501
You deserved it 3 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

His friends are total assholes, but at least HE loves you, right ? :]

at least now he thinks you're beautiful, right? at least I hope so...

Comments

plutosaplanet 0

i think most people on this site just like to write comments without even reading the fml. it was him AND his friends. so his friends being pricks but him being awesome makes no sense since they ALL said it. and if his friends didnt like her, im pretty sure she would have figured it out within the 5 years. they are probably all friendly and it was a JOKE and a joke not ever even said to her face. my boyfriends friends and i talk like that to each other all the time, in good fun. and for the people saying to tell him to "Search his soul" and to kick him in the nuts, he has been with her for 5 years. he calls her his beautiful swan. im sure hes not settling and he has a nice nickname now thats a joke on the old thing he and his friends said. and the op never said she was ugly before, just that her sister is hotter. im not ugly but my sister is prettier.

kira822_fml 0

Now he thinks you're beautiful! That's good. Remember, you can't Change the past but you can live the present.

christie_fml 0

that is actually one of the sweetest things ive ever heard! ur boyfriend loves you so much

cameraboirzu 0

theres a big difference between ducks and swans. be happy he chose the swan.

OH NO! I misread the post! Aparently we're NOT all intelegent people here.

At least he thinks you're beautiful now... and dated you even when he thought you were ugly...

Ummm so his friends think your sister is hot but he is loves YOU is it doesn't matter

mcflylover 0

if he loves you, then it doesn't matter :)

So you have a hot sister but your bf still calls you his beautiful swan. So he used to joke with his friends that you were the ugly duckling. Maybe you were. Plenty of girls have gone through that. He probably thinks it's adorable. I fail to see the FML here.

cyxx 0

Thank you!!! Why is everyone getting so worked up? He calls you his beautiful swan? That's one of the cutest nicknames I've ever heard. Clearly you got good looking somewhere along the way and a ton of people go through an ugly duckling stage. He thinks you're beautiful now, and even if he didn't at the beginning, he still stuck with you. Not an FML.