By Fluory - 07/12/2009 14:43 - United States

Today, my boyfriend asked me why I chose to date him. After going on for five minutes about how unique and funny he is, I ask him the same question. His reply? "You were the first person to ask me out." He then rolled over and fell asleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 167
You deserved it 3 966

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't blame him for being honest. I't doesn't need to be bad.

boatkicker 4

So what? He obviously chose to stay with you, so I dont see why it should be that much of a big problem.

Comments

Reyo 2

He's a guy, what did you expect? Personally, if one of my friends told me that he answered that question with a Shakespeare quality Sonnet, I'd think he was a little faygeles.

He is not a douche. He understand woman. Give short answeres and be sure she feels unique and special. You are the FIRST one! What do you want more? ... Seriously if it was joke he's funny if not well...

Can't blame him for being honest. I't doesn't need to be bad.

girlygirl666 0
StingMunFizzy 0

Actually it sounds fake as ****.

idk, well from my experience, I was in a similar place, with my first boyfriend he couldn't believe how he was my first, I was just a shy girl and didn't get to know a lot of guys and was never asked out before, actually I've been told I never gave the impression I could be interested to that backfired. A lot of people don't believe that I'm single and am not with lots of guys, it's just like that for some people, maybe he was shy and not around many girls so she was the one that got to know the real him inside and realized what other people didn't: just how great he is!

Well... he must like you if he said yes right? Oh, and I moderated this.

Well he probably just wanted to sleep and while your rant about how much you love him he could barely keep his eyes open. Be glad he fell asleep afterwards.

boatkicker 4

So what? He obviously chose to stay with you, so I dont see why it should be that much of a big problem.

Um, and what sucks about that? I'll admit, it's not the most romantic of reasons, but like boatkicker said, he chose to stick around for a reason, and I'm sure it's a good one.

Sounds like he was asking you that because he didn't understand why you would want to date him. Maybe the reason he hasn't had a girlfriend before is because he's not that tactful. If you really like him, you shouldn't let this get you down or you're really not going to be happy in your relationship. And it doesn't sound like you've got to worry about him leaving you or screwing around, so if you genuinely like him, I don't see why this is an fml.

youthink_fml 0

You're both douche bags for playing the tell-me-why-you-love-me game. You only put someone on the spot, expecting a certain response, and it rarely comes out positive. YDI.