By storyofmylife - 10/06/2015 02:44 - Canada - Truro

Today, my boyfriend and I were hanging out when he suddenly said, "Do you know who I think is the most beautiful girl in the world?" I prepared myself for a cute compliment, until he showed me a picture of another girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 887
You deserved it 2 781

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, do you know who we think the biggest douche in the world is currently? That guy.

Comments

You should share a series of pictures with him, the most good-looking man that you know, the richest man you know, the most intelligent man you know, and the most well endowed man you know. None of them him. Afterwards share with him the picture of the most insensitive and recently single man you know, – him and then hand him a mirror and walk away

Man, that is an elaborate plan. Yes, go for It!

Megatron_Griffin 25

Guys can be douche bags. My ex used to intentionally point out girls constantly to me. I got pissed one time and his buddies said I was being a bitch. He said to them "I'd be pissed if she did that to me" but never stopped doing it. Gotta love double standards. (Not saying all men are that way)

Honesty is great... But sometimes things are better left unsaid.

you should talk about that with him and if the reason he said it was dumb then dumb him. no reason anyone should be told that. Stay strong op it will get better.

Personally, I find it corny when a guy says his girlfriend/wife is the most beautiful woman in the world. 1. He has not seen every woman in the world to even come to that conclusion. 2. What a generic/cliché compliment. 3. He's lying. There will always be a woman he will find more attractive.

Sorry, I'm a realist. I will never tell a man he's the most handsome in the whole world because I would obviously be lying. I just keep it simple and call him handsome, instead of using that corny overused line. But your man didn't need to do that.

Depends on if you define beauty as all the qualities a person has or just their physical appearance. At the risk of being insanely nauseating, I find the combination of my husband's looks, manners and the experiences I've shared with him make him the most attractive man in the world to me.

It's not meant to be taken literally. I know I'm not the most beautiful girl in the world to my boyfriend but I know I am in HIS world and that's what matters.

I agree with a1_z9. "Handsome" means so much more than physical appearance alone to me. It also means the person he is inside and how that reflects into his expressions and actions. I understand that according to society's standards he may not be the handsomest man alive, but... if I had the option to transfer his personality to any other mans body without anyone knowing (so no guilt), I would not want to change him one bit. That love I feel for everything he is (inside and out) is why I feel like I can honestly say he is the "most handsome man alive" to me in my own eyes, even though I understand intellectually that he doesnt 100% fit society's general beauty standards. It's all about the subjective vs objective.

This really depends on the situation I think. If it's some celebrity chick or **** star or whatever that he has the hots for, like a million other guys, I really wouldn't worry about it. If it's a girl he actually knows, it's kind of a shitty thing to say. Even thought it's perfectly reasonable for him to be attracted to other girls, and to not find you the most beautiful woman on the whole planet (I mean, let's keep it real), there's no need to point it out in such a way.

Thank you another reasonable person that doesn't just label the guy as a dick for the sole purpose of God forbid, finding another female attractive

I somewhat agree. Celebrity, model, or **** star? I can see. Another woman in his life absolutely not. Also, we all know our husbands and boyfriends don't truly think we are the most beautiful woman in THE world, but his world? Yes. It's ok to be attracted to other people but to throw it in one's face? Unacceptable.

TinaT2015 14

Oh hell no! Please tell me you slapped the shit out of him? What an ass!

bad_boyfriend 10

If he showed her a picture of some random chick he's a douche, if it was a celeb or model or something you need to get over it. Women do this shit all the time and it's perfectly fine, but a man does it and he's a douche.