By CalebNotShomo - 25/12/2014 15:25 - United States - Houston

Today, my boss sent me a text message saying, "You're fired. Merry Christmas!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 364
You deserved it 2 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Text back and say "Error 404. Text message not received. Please contact service provider." Show up the next day and quit. Checkmate.

Who voted "You deserved it"? Nobody deserves a piece of shit boss! It was very rude of him/her to act like that.

Comments

oj101 33

If he's that sort of boss, you'll be better off without him in the long run.

Murilirum 23

No kidding, why is he in a position of leadership when he thinks it's okay to text something like that. I've had to fire a few people and it's never something fun, but it's a level of courtesy that you at least say it to their face and given them the respect they are due.

The hell #37 got down voted? He's right. That "boss" is a coward. Can't even give an employee the respect of doing it to his face. Not only is the dude a coward he's a sadist, he took joy on a text like that on Christmas. It's as childish as a text message breakup. OP is better off anyway.

Who voted "You deserved it"? Nobody deserves a piece of shit boss! It was very rude of him/her to act like that.

Probably some trolls or people going for that judgmental badge

Not necessarily. Yes, it's terrible to do it on Christmas, but we don't have enough information to say OP didn't deserve it. For all we know OP could slack off, fake being sick, etc. Never overestimate somebody!

#32 Even so, no one deserves to be fired via text message, let alone on Christmas.

If you've been bad enough to get fired on Christmas... You deserve it

juturnaamo 29

It's the end of the year, and the beginning of a slow season in several industries. I've had 2 jobs end on Christmas.

no one deserves to be fired on Christmas; let alone on Christmas through a text message, that's just spineless

#12 were you "let go" or fired and was it via text message? I understand seasonal work may end at the end of the season, but normally they let you go or lay you off so you can at least receive unemployment benefits.

myind_yabiness 13

This boss seems very rude. Quite frankly getting away from him seems like a great way to kick off the new year. Good luck with finding a new job!

For your boss to not wait till after Christmas to fire you, you must've either REALLY ****** up or he's just a HUGE asshole.

I also think there are two sides of each coin, so could not agree more!

Sorry op, hope you find a new job soon.

Well at least he didn't wrap your pink slip in fancy wrapping and say "this gift will change your life."

Any boss who texts their employees to fire them is so unprofessional.

is it even legal to fire someone like this?

Text back and say "Error 404. Text message not received. Please contact service provider." Show up the next day and quit. Checkmate.