By Johnnogood - 09/10/2012 13:57 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my boss fired me because of the way I laugh. Apparently it reminds him too much of his ex-wife's laugh. I'm a guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 809
You deserved it 2 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DarkDaedalus009 8

What an asshole he can't do that just for that reason

feldco1 17

Maybe his ex wife had a really deep laugh..

Comments

sweetmama88 6

I'm sorry to hear that , perfect timing right before the holidays, I hate losers like that! Who think they can rule the whole earth . It certain that there's more to the reason why he fired you for, because you can't get fired for that lame excuse . Something is not right. You should talk to someone about what he did! And said , he really can't fire you because you remind him of his ex wife laugh . If your laugh was so terrible then why didn't he say it a long time ago. He's just scum of the earth . Who took his bad bay on you for some lame azz story . Hopefully you will find another job soon .

Maybe his wife laughs like a guy & he's secretly attracted to guys & doesn't want to get excited by your laugh..either way, that's wrongful dismissal...take his immature ass to court.

Maybe she had a manly laugh? :/ Every man is technically half woman though...

Call the labour board, that can easily be disputed and maybe get him fired

I'd like to hear his ex-wife's side of the story on their break up of their marriage.

MinnyWheat 8

Well at-least now you can look for a new job where you can laugh as you please. If your boss looses a good employee because of their laugh, that's his loss not youres.

It's a job, not a friendship. We don't know much about the guy, but he probably has large bills to pay every month and a mortgage and kids to feed. With the economy's current state, he's not guaranteed to score another job with the equal or better pay right away and he could very well fall into debt or have to make a lot of changes to his life. I'd say it IS his loss...

Maybe the boss's ex-wife has a manly laugh.

msCherry973 2