By Johnnogood - 09/10/2012 13:57 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my boss fired me because of the way I laugh. Apparently it reminds him too much of his ex-wife's laugh. I'm a guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 809
You deserved it 2 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DarkDaedalus009 8

What an asshole he can't do that just for that reason

feldco1 17

Maybe his ex wife had a really deep laugh..

Comments

Sue him, he can't fire you for no reason, or for that reason as a matter of fact. As long as you do your job correctly, he doesn't have the power to do so. The company will have to pay your lawyer, a large sum of money for unjustified lay off and your boss will get fired for mixing his personal life with his job. A plus is that the company will have to offer you your job back with a raise and you can refuse it and get yourself a better job. I'm a lawyer so I know what I'm talking about.

He was looking for a reason and just decided to fire you by being a dick. And I'm pretty sure he cant fire you for that. Fight back.

he's obviously not very professional. sorry OP.

...or maybe it wasn't really his 'wife' if you get what i'm saying.....

bbokipoki 2

Wow. No wonder he has an EXwife. He is an ass

Apparently labour laws and Unions don't exist for many OPs on FML.

It's simple. Find out if you signed the disclaimer and if not take him to court! If you have or you lose the legal battle, I know a guy..

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Well this obviously means that his ex-wife has a really deep voice :p on the optimistic side, anyway... And I won't give you any advice because there are plenty of helpful comments already. Good luck OP.