By 1fungi - 07/12/2010 05:25

Today, it's my 26th birthday. My girlfriend gave me a matchbox car, a glow necklace, and a squirt gun. For her birthday, I bought her a new dress, rented a limo, and took her around to bar hop with her friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 006
You deserved it 5 435

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if this was flipped and the boy was given the squirt gun and the girl was giving the limo everyones opinions would be completely different.

Comments

mz_booty 0

it's the throught that count!!! lol jk dumb that biach :)

mz_booty 0

I know I should reread it before I send!!

if this was flipped and the boy was given the squirt gun and the girl was giving the limo everyones opinions would be completely different.

rique2008 10

I know right? they say to suck it up to the guy, and if it was the exact same thing but the girl instead you would see the comment page flooded with "dump him" comments. oh well that's just people for you.

What a stupid generalisation. There have been FMLs written by women complaining of similar situations and it was just as divided between "dump him" and "it's the thought that counts".

ShadyFTW1 0

22, that is definitely false. Those FMLs are more along the lines of "Get in the kitchen and make him a sandwich!"

Yeah, my opinion would be slightly different. I would be asking, "Why is your boyfriend giving you a matchbox car and a squirt gun?"

CiaranPM 0

Embrace the Mcguyver within; you could build a ******* tank, OP.

lookALIVEsunshin_fml 1

When you buy a gift you're not supposed to expect the same in return... Ydi for buying her a stupid expensive gift in the first place..

Why do so many people do this? What do you think would've been a fair exchange? People are different - different ideas, different financial situations. It seems like she was creatively telling you she can't afford a real car but you two can make your own rave. Stop complaining about what you didn't get unless you want to lose what you have.

hey man I mean she obviously tries to buy worthless crap and hopes you find meaning in it. I mean if she doesn't give a crap about the presents she gives you.. does she give a crap about you?

BadasS14 0

Bingo!!! lol who the fukk says Bingo! anymore?!! lol

CaptSkippy 9

No birthday SEX?!?! oh noes! D:

bman134 0

I know right she could at least give him a *******

those are ****** AWESOME presents! I wish I still got cool shit like that!

Well, if that's the way you think, here's an idea: next time, as your bday present, ask her to give you money, for the exact amount you spent for her bday present. Then you'd be happy? It's not her fault if you're an overachiever.