By Sola - 11/05/2011 04:10

Today, I wore a Super Mario Brothers T-shirt to school that showed a picture of Mario with a mushroom above his head. I got suspended for "referencing illegal drugs". FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 221
You deserved it 5 055

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jackiemoonthepro 5

Mario, hero for all... even the high

Well, how do you think Mario gets so high in the game?

Comments

jackiemoonthepro 5

Mario, hero for all... even the high

I'm so sorry bro but y Mario marries gay and retarded

I had the idea to do that for a public service announcment about drugs as a project once. My group members agreed and so did my teacher... we just didn't have the proper materials.

SMGnow 0

yay Mario ftw!!! I don't care about drug

Jaimegirl 7

I love Mario!! Sucks for you, OP =/

Wtf he doesn't deserve it for wearing a Mario shirt! The school needs to learn more about video games.

and mario is a bamf almost as much as link

Same thing happened to an ex of mine a few years ago...If it makes you feel any better :/

WompWompWomp123 7

Don't wear a Popeye shirt either. They'll think you're an advocate for putting steroids in spinach. Your school is ridiculous and your principal should take the stick out of his/her ass.

dancmgg 0

112- OP means obese penis. You're welcome.

117 and 125 don't know what they are saying, on the internet OP is a ******. FunnyJunk is my source

dtbomb 3

The real drug danger is the feathers they get you so high

no man it's the 1 ups. you think you can die and come back to life cause of that green mushroom .

omg lol this is changing my view on Mario

kiran_fml 5

no it's the stars! have u seen what happens when he gets those?

I agree with 61 those stars are like crack he is unstoppable

MegamiKaosu 28

what about the red stars he ******* SOARS IN SPACE WITH LIL TALKING STARS!!!!

dezinspaaace 0

wow, your school sucks major balls. fyl.

Agreed! I suppose wearing a Bob Marley shirt would be referencing illegal marijuana. **** the Midwest.

Lolol I'm sure Marion does the shrooms as well. That would explain how he gets such a long air time and shoot fireballs.

That is how PC public schools are nowadays. There was a kid that went to my middle school that got suspended for bringing Listerine to school. Why? Because they have a no tolerance policy for alcohol. Him and the parents weren't too happy about it. This was in the late 90's when I was still in high school.

CateXOX 0

Some bannings are justified though. I remember this one kid that wore a "Five Dollar Foot Long" shirt to school. It had an arrow pointing down to his pants.

Sprocket 5

How is that justified? It is a shirt. Freedom of speech shouldn't be restricted on grounds funded by the government, not to mention kids are legally forced to go. By your logic, I guess water boarding is fine and dandy too since we give these places special constitution breaking powers. Why not legalize beatings so the destruction of individuality is faster? You'd love it, since you can't stop thinking about his five dollar foot long.

assurance123 0

thumbs down for that comment. every child doesn't want to see a shirt pointing to another man's penis. why don't we all just be naked since you're in love with freedom of speech. (trust me, it ain't too free.. I live in a neighborhood where you could die for saying the wrong thing.)

30 - There's freedom of speech, and there's rediculous. You are ridiculous. I suppose that, for example, a kid wearing a shirt to school that has **** on it should be fine because he's expressing his own individuality, or it's "art", right? Yeah, right. ******* idiot. I sincerely hope that you're not a parent. If so, f your kids' lives.

RedPillSucks 31

that sounds stupid, but a lot of the homeless alcoholics would drink listerine for the alcohol

RedPillSucks 31

lots of homeless drunks drink listerine for the alcohol. they probably thought the kid was doing the same thing cause underage can't by beer

iloveboyswittats 10

The constitution applied to legal residents of the U.S. not to those trying to kill us. If water boarding is what it takes to get the intelligence need to protect the people here than that is what needs to be done. Besides, Gitmo isn't even on American soil so the constitution certainly does not apply.

87-- Ex-Military guy here (Canada not US). Torture is not useful in gaining intelligence, since the intelligence is not very reliable. if someone was mock-drowning me, I'd tell him whatever I could to make him stop. Plus it's incredibly wrong to torture someone.

CateXOX 0

30- This was back in Middle School, and while I support freedom of speech, dick-size-related shirts are not really appropriate.

You can't drink listerine. It has often got fluoride in it which in an indigestible substance. You'd just puke it all back up. Thats also why the label on toothpaste says 'do not consume'. Knowledge is power ;)

chikachikawahwah 0

The way my school explained the whole "freedom of speech" restrictions students have is because A) We are on government property, so they have their own "laws" (much like a military base) B) Minors apparently don't enjoy a lot of the same rights as adults and C) because we technically live under the rules of our parents/ guardians, while we are at school the teachers function as our guardians Not sure how true any of that is, but that's what they claim is the basis of their rules and punishments.

Freedom of speech only means he can't get prosecuted or arrested for wearing a lewd shirt. Public schools may be funded by the government, but they aren't the government, so they have the right to set their own rules and punish a kid for wearing a shirt of that nature.

Well I guess its safe to say Mario is secretly quite the stoner.

yea he takes shrooms all day and fights giant turtles it's no secret

athletex11 0
footballguy1622 4

If that's you in your pic, then you're a gorgeous girl.

I did that once on accident and I puked

I disagree with all this 'video games promote drugs/violent behavior/whatnot' stuff. I only got into video games AFTER I took drugs and murdered all those people. On a more serious note, how can your school not recognise MARIO? It's Mario. There are probably aliens on a planet circling a medium-sized star 1,000 light years away who know barely anything of Earth culture and they recognise Mario.

That's because they met him during the filming of Super Mario Galaxy. That was a documentary, richt?