By knee pain - 09/12/2013 19:17 - United States

Today, I woke up in my hospital bed after having knee surgery, on the wrong knee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 73 084
You deserved it 4 033

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One of the few times I would actually suggest suing. I have heard stories of people drawing arrows and notes on themselves to ensure the surgeons work on the correct limb.

AngelLovesDerby 10

OMG! I would kill!!!! So sorry to hear OP!!

Comments

wtf are they going to do the right one for free?

hnsblue 14

That s a malpractice lawsuit and I would be suing that doctor for all the money he has

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! LMFAO HA HA

This is one of those FMLs that just isn't funny. This is a serious malpractice problem, most FMLs are simple things that won't be a problem long. This person is going to have to get the surgery AGAIN on the correct leg, after recovering from having it on the wrong leg. It's going to cost a lot of money to deal with and the OP is either going to have to sue or hope they give him money so he doesn't sue.

buttcramp 21

how major was the surgery? are you gonna not be walking around?

My boyfriend almost had the same thing happen they were drawing on his left knee and he stopped them and freaked out saying it was his right knee - if he had been out when they did that he would have been facked ..

katina1236 20

Damn! I woke up after ear surgery to find my long hair falling out on both sides cuz the shaved the wrong side at first after specifically requesting they shave little as possible. Even marked which side and still ****** it up!

How's that possible? I thought it was standard procedure for the staff to not only double and triple check, but for the doctors to come in and mark the body with a marker to prevent misunderstandings in the surgery suite. I know that's what they did with my mother the last three times she went in for surgery. It was crazy how many times they repeatedly asked about what she was having work done on today.