By anonymous - 12/08/2009 21:01 - United States

Today, I went with my girlfriend to her parents' house. They told me I smelled of cheap vodka. When I told them I worked in a bio lab and used ethanol a lot, they said I was too stupid to do anything like that. My girlfriend broke up with me because her parents think I'm a drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 884
You deserved it 3 413

Same thing different taste

Top comments

airbornerose 0

Wow. Sounds like the girlfriend is the idiot.

I think there's more to this story than a 300-character-limit allows. (or whatever number it actually is)

Comments

Not an FML at all - this is wonderful that you're shot of her and her dodgy family! Think positive. Unless you really have been living in bottles of cheap vodka and your gf was the only thing keeping you attached to reality... then it's time to call the Salvos.

helpmeiamblind 0

Gratz to you dude! If the bitch cared so much about what her parents thought, she probably didn't care about you. With that being said, at least you don't have to go through a bullshit relationship with her.

sarahlh_23 0
pugler 0

YDI for dating someone from such an ignorant family! Go find someone at your own high intelligence level.

Jessaly_fml 0

Damn, I'm jealous of you, I really wish I could get a job that had to do with science. But I'm just not destined for that. Her parents are probably jealous, too. That's not an FML, I'd hate to have such ridiculous in-laws. And if your girlfriend can't think for herself, what the hell is the point of dating her? Then you're just dating her parents.

shame on her bastards-of-parents to judge you. they didn't even ask. not polite or courteous. and second, what a shitty girlfriend to dump you because her parents didn't like you...

I would dump my bf if my parents didn't like him

weavermycutecat 0

your girl didn't stick up for you and obviously didn't care enough and her parents would have made shit in-laws so good riddance