By kacysospacyy - 15/07/2011 18:23 - United States

Today, I went on a run with the family dog. I returned home to three missed calls and a hysterical voicemail from my dad. Why? The dog was gone. Not me, his 15 year-old daughter, the dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 060
You deserved it 4 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

But, if you ask me, it's not weird if the 15 year old is not home - but it sure is strange if the dog isn't!

tonydizzle 0

Comments

Well, now you know how much you really mean to your dad. Tough break, kid.

OP - he probably thought you went out with friends. My guess is you typically disappear with your friends and eventually return, so he wasn't too concerned because he was used to it. The dog, on the other hand, doesn't just habitually disappear which is why he was worried.

FreakingFYou 13

well usually a child starts to become independent at that age so it's not surprising that he was more freaked out about the dog. I would be too.

Haha y don't parents ever act like they care about us 15 year olds

sylverdrag_fml 9

Gosh, what's your IQ, girl? He CALLED you. On your phone. So as soon as you pick up and answer with a normal voice, he knows you are OK. The dog, on the other end, could be anywhere.

...Three missed calls and a hysterical voice mail doesn't tell me she picked up the phone.

RyanX92 0

yeah it makes sense I mean the dog coulda ran off and when I was 15 I'd just take off whenever your 15 not a baby they know you'll be back

ospeltz 0

hes not worried about you cuz your a human and therefore more responsible, than a dog.

okiidokii_fml 6

he prob assumed you were safe or like at a friends

lionheart178 0

you're totally right. he should have called the dog first to see where you were.