By kacysospacyy - 15/07/2011 18:23 - United States

Today, I went on a run with the family dog. I returned home to three missed calls and a hysterical voicemail from my dad. Why? The dog was gone. Not me, his 15 year-old daughter, the dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 059
You deserved it 4 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

But, if you ask me, it's not weird if the 15 year old is not home - but it sure is strange if the dog isn't!

tonydizzle 0

Comments

I would hate it if my dad called me every time he thought I was gone.

by the looks of things you can take care of yourself...... it's the mugger's/kidnapper's/rapist's Dads who would have to be worried and leave a load of messages....

Gotta love parents with their priorities in the wrong order

tell ur dad to put a chip in the dog, and if you want one soo bad, ask him to chip u too! problem solved ?

you should be able to handle yourself, the dog shouldn't be gone. it makes complete sense to me!

zachmeach 0

So if the OP was smoldering her dad should care about her more than the family fuzz ball?

Wait, I'm confused. What depends on what now? Your comment makes no sense, and your "lol" should only be there if it had actually been funny.

Maybe he thinks you're slightly, slightly less likely to run out in the road in front of a car.

Well maybe he knows he can reach you easier than the dog- they can't talk.

dani212 0

... if you were out on a run with just you and your dog, you should've had your phone with you incase something happened... just sayin...

KatrinaKitten 16

OP was possibly referring to a home phone. As in a landline. Just saying.

Why would it be the landline the father would be home to notice the dog missing? and yeah running with a phone is so annoying if you don't have pockets!

Makes you wonder how billions of people have gotten by for centuries without the use of mobile devices.

a_nutritionist 10

they carried guns. swords. spears. bows and arrows...

Xx_Dakota_xX 1

what if op didn't have pockets?and if she didn't it's a pain to carry it in your sweaty hand.

Are you an idiot? Why would he panic about his teenage daughter being out of the house? Unless you're less mentally capable than the dog, it's far easier to assume the dog got out and is in danger than you are.