By Ella - 29/05/2012 05:14 - United States

Today, I went on a 7-hour plane flight. For 3 hours I had a bloody nose. When it finally stopped, I sneezed. It started to bleed again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 527
You deserved it 2 117

Same thing different taste

Comments

Yeah, somebody managed to get a pipe shoved in their ass. I think that's more important. Either that, or Doc needs some "me time" with his soap operas and such.

Epikouros 31

I hope you had a tampon with you.

next time that happens use your shirt to wipe/blow your nose and get as much blood on it as possible. then next time you see someone approach you lie perfectly still with your eyes closed and listen for all the commotion :D

Next time put tissue paper in your nostrils and tilt your head back. A three hour nosebleed is not good. You need to see a doctor because clearly your blood isn't clotting.

Nosebleed expert here: do not tilt your head back. It could make you choke on blood. My credentials? Well, I had weekly half-hour to hour-long nosebleeds every winter until I was seven, then every three winters after that due to cauterisation. I'm almost 21. That's a lot of nosebleeds.

Oh okay. I'll remember to do that next time I have a nosebleed. My apologies.

RealReasons 0

According to some sources, holding your head back isn't the way to deal with it, but pinching your nose and holding your head forward is. It would stop the bleeding within 10 minutes.

Mum used to use a latex glove filled with frozen peas. Painful, but effective. But very, very painful.

Agreed there ^^ actually, you have to bend your head slightly and press firmly your nose until the bleeding stops. If you tilt your head back the blood may flow straight to your lungs.

Chronic nosebleeder here, and tilting your had back is definitely the worst thing to do.

There's a ******* button for that. If that's all you have to add to the conversation, then don't bother commenting.

CinnamonRugby 5

Ya, that happened to me in New York, sticking tampons up your nose helps,

Awww FYL :( I've had a few bad nosebleeds in my life... There are times when i get nosebleeds like 3 days in a row! Some people say that it has to do with puberty, I don't know...

Cintia07 7

I would stand over the sink & let as much out first, then wet my forehead, more like drench, then sit down with my head tilted back. Next plane ride, try this if it happens again.

flashback.miss 28

This may sound gross, but if you have to resort to it than use tampons. I don't use them but still, hopefully you see someone for that just in case it wasn't just the high altitude giving you grief.