By fedupson - 09/04/2015 14:03 - United States - Milpitas

Today, I went driving for the first time with my mom. When she wasn't screaming, she gave great advice like, "Stop at the red light" and "Don't crash into cars". I need to drive 50 hours with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 104
You deserved it 2 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

19990231 29

To everybody saying that this is stressful for the mom, remember your first time driving. Her mother screaming does not make the stress any better.

It's more stressful for the first time driver than for the passenger who is supposed to be calmly teaching them.

Comments

A good friend is a professional ski instructor. He won't give his wife lessons because she won't listen to him. I found that very insightful. Oddly, we have a harder time taking criticsm or advise from those closest to us. Ask your mom if another relative or family friend can practice with you. It is not personal, it is just how we are wired.

"Mom could you please shut the **** up?"

Everybody's mom is like that, get used to it

It doesn't let up, OP. whether it's been twenty minutes or twenty years, she's gonna be terrified.

It's 120 hours in Australia which is worse haha :)

You do realize you don't "have" to drive 50 hours. You just need your parents signature... I got my license and drove nowhere near 50 hours. (I live in California as well)

Quiet_one 22

I took a driving lesson from my dad once. Once. For this exact reason. My mom ended up teaching me how to drive because my dad stressed me out way too much. I refused to drive with him as a passenger for a couple years after I got my license because every time I thought it had been long enough to give him a chance he'd start slamming the invisible passenger side brake and shouting all kinds of helpful "tips" at me. I've been driving for almost 10 years, and he's just now finally okay with it. Is your dad (or some other adult) able to take you out driving instead?

I'm about to go through the SAME thing if mom ever lets me get my permit...

In my country you need to attend a driving school and learn to drive with a certified instructor in a instructor car. Though you only need a minimum of 12 hours of special trips.(highway, at night and so on) plus the hoursuntil youre ready to start your test.