By fedupson - 09/04/2015 14:03 - United States - Milpitas

Today, I went driving for the first time with my mom. When she wasn't screaming, she gave great advice like, "Stop at the red light" and "Don't crash into cars". I need to drive 50 hours with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 104
You deserved it 2 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

19990231 29

To everybody saying that this is stressful for the mom, remember your first time driving. Her mother screaming does not make the stress any better.

It's more stressful for the first time driver than for the passenger who is supposed to be calmly teaching them.

Comments

That's a mom thing. I am 30 and my mom still shrieks randomly when I'm driving with her and says things like "watch that car". Thing is, I drive for a living. Lol

At least YOUR mom was willing to take you driving. Mine won't get her ass out of bed!

In my state I have to drive 100 hours, I feel your pain

saffy66 34

Be glad you don't live where I do - 120 hours of driving training here,including 20 hours at night. Before he'd had too many lessons with me, i paid for a professional instructor to take my son for a few hours so he could learn the up to date rules and techniques, and again before his test to polish up his skills. It was well worth it.

Don't do your driving training hours with her!! Having a stressed out teacher in anything is horrible and detrimental. Get an aunt or an uncle or AAA instructed course - I think if you do that then you've lowered insurance!

ah, you'll both get used to it ! safe driving :)

50 hours? Are you guys leaving usa?

BDanzeisen 20

Always drive with your fathet

Your mom needs to calm down. She's going to be the cause of the accident she's so afraid of by screaming and making you nervous. My family has a tradition. We all first started driving at the local cemetery. It has intersections, roundabouts, pedestrians, and other traffic but in a much smaller scale. Once comfortable there we moved up to street traffic and then highway. It was w good way to learn and less stressful for everyone.