By Anonymous - 10/10/2014 20:38 - United States - Pittsburg

Today, I witnessed some greasy twat trying to chat a girl up by negging her, which is basically insulting a woman to lower her self-esteem so she's more likely to put out. "Goddamn negger", I muttered. "The fuck did you just say?!" yelled a black guy standing beside me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 048
You deserved it 16 953

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awww hopefully he understood when you explained it to him OP :)

Always look up, down, left, right, behind you, behind that suspicious potted plant, and under your bed before saying any word that is similar in sounding to the "N" word.

Comments

Awww hopefully he understood when you explained it to him OP :)

I don't think him explaining " I said that god damned negger" is going to help him at all, but one can hope.

I guess you're right, but I wish OP the best

Agreed but you made me laugh when I played this out it my head. Thank you !

Those goddamn neggers ruining our society

oh shit op, check your surroundings next time.

Tell the black guy what you really said then go help the girl! everybody wins! Goddamn neggers!!

incoherentrmblr 21

I hope you explained so there wasn't anymore of a misunderstanding

I'm guessing you didn't think that one through fully.

Always look up, down, left, right, behind you, behind that suspicious potted plant, and under your bed before saying any word that is similar in sounding to the "N" word.

Why should you look around . If your going to say a slur of any type at least have the balls to say it out loud and get an ass whooping like you deserve.

It comes from 'negging', like OP said, so it's 'negger', not 'nagger'.

@57, beating someone who's racist is beyond stupid. Stop resorting to violence just because some one's beliefs differ from yours.

You do realise that beating someone who's racist will just reinforce their fear/hatred of other races, right?

@57, You're saying that you have an open mind and love in your heart but you will beat someone like a dog. What......?

88rocks 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
therealjc_fml 14

Me either! Just call him a sleazy douchebag or something. Pretty tough to misinterpret that.

Just because you have not heard a phrase before doesn't mean it is not legitimate. Stop being so ******* ignorant!! Negging is an actual phrase

aruam365 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
badluckalex 23

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Rosebudx 32

They should apologize, because "negging" and "negger" were both created by the guy who created the method. Because, you know, the best way to get a girl is to tell her how horrible she is. That's definitely the basis for a happy relationship.

If OP had to explain the meaning of it in the FML, I don't think it's that well-known.

therealjc_fml 14

Apparently it takes a negger to know a negger...

It's slang, and not in the dictionary therefore not "legitimate" as you claim. It makes perfect sense for them to say they don't know it. I've never heard of it either. Some moron made up a word which is probably intentionally close to the N word, but it's far from being 'legit' or even widespread. If it was in the dictionary, any dictionary ( urban dictionary DOES NOT count ), then you can say it's a real, legitimate word.

Like it or not slang has became a legitimate language addition.

& the 'N' word is actually a description to an attitude, and ones character - nothing to do with a skin color - therefore we are all ignorant.

No, the n-word is a racial slur that is still used by racists to this day to dehumanise black people. You would be surprised by how often people still use it in its racist context. It carries a history of racism where black people, regardless of what their character was, were called that to dehumanise them. MLK was called by that term. To deny its racial history is just plain silly.

I've heard of it and it's been used on me before. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I agree. I've heard of nagging someone....but never negging. They deserved it

I dont believe its a very common term in the US. but my Aussie and English friend talk about it all the time, maybe its more of a UK thing? I mean OP might not be a citizen.

So 64, when black guys talk to each other using the "n" slang, are they being racists? Your logic doesn't make much sense.

ileenefudge 29

There isn't another word to describe someone like that so it doesn't sound racist to those around you? I've never heard of that word either.

People today are babied too much. Society encourages them to be offended by anything said to them. People need to calm down and realize that every time they don't get their way isn't someone being mean to them.

countryb_cth 38

I am pretty sure there is a difference between being racist and just offending someone. Just sayin.

I suggest not saying that word in the future Op. Apparently it isn't a well known term and it sounds so close to the other word that it will probably be mistaken for it anytime you use it. Although you may not have deserved it this time, if you use it again you definitely deserve it.

I agree that people shouldn't walk soooo much on eggshells that they refer to the word "******" as "the N word" in contexts where you are just talking about the word itself and not actually using it the way it's intended, but yeah, using it to degrade someone is totally unacceptable and way beyond just being offensive.

rekkas 16

Gotta watch out who's next you you buddy haha