By Scumbagmemory - 22/01/2012 04:17 - United States

Today, I was texting a guy that one of my friends told me about. She gave me his number and told me about how he was deaf. Three hours into great conversation I forgot and asked him what his favorite music was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 385
You deserved it 11 673

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

GoW_Chick 14

Deaf people can still appreciate music too, they can feel the vibrations, and the difference in the bass. Hopefully asking that didn't make the conversation deadpan to were you couldn't save it. Edit:6 and 7 beat me to it. -.-

fattylumptard 1
GoW_Chick 14

Thanks... I commented before yours was even on here you just beat me too the punch.

Sorry goW chick but 29 had posted that long before you

GoW_Chick 14

It wasn't on here when I was commenting, but it then was there when I posted, I gave him credit when I saw his was there first, so what's the problem here? Do I need to bow down and kiss FattyLumpTard's feet to make everyone happy?

No, but you do need to work on your sense of humour.

GoW_Chick 14

My sense of humor is just fine, but thanks for the advice friend. :)

3yellowzebras 19

Who cares who said it, 26? It's hardly a unique 'idea'.

Deaf people can still enjoy music through the beat and read lyrics. Some great musicians are deaf. They also don't have to listen to the shitty lyrics that go along with a good beat!

fattylumptard 1

NO WAY! That is crazy that deaf people can hear the beat.

pat_can1984 3

I agree how can a deaf person hear the beat of a song but cant read the lyrics?

littlemsweirdo 12

Uh, the deaf can still create, feel and appreciate music. Motzart anyone? The moment must've been awkward tho. For example, once I was talking to my blind best guy friend. We were debating whether or not to buy this dress for another friend. When we confirmed that she actually liked the dress I said "You SEE what I mean?" Yes, I know I know you can do a facepalm.

I made the same mistake, its beethoven your thinking of

littlemsweirdo 12

Oh, wow. What a fail(: my apologies! Thnx for correction! I really need to google up classical music. Lol

fattylumptard 1

Its all g, couple of threads up i did the same thing. In the end your original comment stillstands :)

Beethoven wasn't born deaf.. He lost his hearing later on as he became older and ill.

ICaughtFire 4

63, your comments always go perfectly with your picture.

littlemsweirdo 12

Thank you 58(:, and to the person who said Rebecca black: Dude. Really? That is so unnecessary. You commented that in an earlier post. Get more originality and a better sense of humor....

mama2b3 20

Oops. Open mouth, insert foot.

it happens, dont b too rough on urself. I hope she dint mind it as well.

What did he say back? He could just say anything trending currently and you would have never realized what you did.

fattylumptard 1

He probably has "heard" that before - pun not intended, but people can forget about their disability. Move on.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Well hey it shows you were comfortable with having a conversation with him instead of feeling weird about it. It's easy to slip up when you're not talking directly to him, and who knows? He could be the type to like music. Some deaf people can pick up the vibrations.

Dajucy1 7

Imagine the look on your face if he immediately responds back rap and how he listens to it all day