By Scumbagmemory - 22/01/2012 04:17 - United States

Today, I was texting a guy that one of my friends told me about. She gave me his number and told me about how he was deaf. Three hours into great conversation I forgot and asked him what his favorite music was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 386
You deserved it 11 674

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Just because he is death doesn't mean he can't enjoy music.. He can feel the vibration.

Deaf people still in some cases understand music cause they feel it. You and I hear it but they feel it and the same way usually have at least a type of music to like so not a bad question... I have a deaf cousin and 2 deaf friends... I say from experience.

Perfectly understandable. I have a family member who's deaf and it's easy to forget.

Deaf people still listen to music, well they feel it. My cousins are deaf.

So, he has a cell phone and he uses it ONLY for texting? I've never heard of a deaf person with a cell phone. I guess it happens, with Smartphones in abundance.

Really? I have a 'cell phone' that I only use for texting people. And why not? I can't be the only one who dislikes phone-calls.

I know lots of deaf people and they all have cell phones. There are services called "text relays" that you can use free of charge. It basically makes a phone call for you; you text the service the number you want to call and the name. Then they call that person and they say "go ahead" so you can text what you want the relay operator to say. The relay operator then types out what the other person says and sends it to your cell phone.

I believe that beethoven was the deaf musician

I misread that as "after a two hour long conversation, I forgot to ask what his favorite music was".

Just apologize Any guy with any heart whatsoever would understand