By Scumbagmemory - 22/01/2012 04:17 - United States

Today, I was texting a guy that one of my friends told me about. She gave me his number and told me about how he was deaf. Three hours into great conversation I forgot and asked him what his favorite music was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 386
You deserved it 11 674

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Believe it or not, deaf people still have favorite music. They like the vibrations of some songs better than others. My friend dates a deaf guy so she filled me in on this :) still awkward tho.....

RockMaterial 9

That's not horrible at all, not even suitable for an FML. Even deaf people have favorite bands and types of music, they can hear/feel the base in songs. Some that aren't completely deaf can hear the base and others who are completely deaf can feel it. Don't feel bad at all, music is universal, even to people who can't hear.

Omgplz 3

Deaf people can like music. They can feel vibrations, duh. My friend has a deaf boyfriend and translates the lyrics of songs for him all the time.

kkelseymaee 2

Deaf people listen to music?

Although Beethoven did this, deaf people can still enjoy music with speakers placed on the floor. It's done at the local deaf school here for their dances.

Most deaf people listen to music, actually.

deaf people still listen to music! they feel the beat and bass:)

tmarty 17

He probably thought it was funny and nice that you were so comfortable texting him that you forgot he was deaf. If I went on for 3 hours, I'm guessing he likes you.

Oddly enough I would have found that nice, I'm diabetic and my friends forget sometimes, it may not seem like similar problems but it shows that people are comfortable enough that they don't always think about it, so you had to be comfortable talking to him to forget

After 3 hours into a great conversation, an honest mistake should'nt be too worrysome.