By Crashed - 01/01/2014 18:21 - United States - Evans

Today, I was T-boned at an intersection. My wife got pissed when I didn't immediately check on her, but rather the other driver. That other driver was my daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 466
You deserved it 5 341

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL OP. You were just using your natural parental instincts, although it sounds like your wife has none.

Gee OP. That's gotta be rough. I just hope for the sake of your family that everyone is ok and not hurt. Hopefully your wife will get over it.

Comments

FYL OP. You were just using your natural parental instincts, although it sounds like your wife has none.

#8: Maybe the daughter wasn't hers. Maybe it was from a past marriage or relationship or something.

Then she can still understand OP, being the father, caring for his daughter first.

That or the mothers head was spinning and she really didn't notice her daughter was the other driver. I've had a few concussions in my time and let me tell you car wrecks seem to deliver the worst kind.

Not really. It is sort of custom in her family that anything that happened in a previous marriage disappears. It has caused several fights when we were first married and I wanted to see my daughter. She tolerates it now. But her grandmas husband hasn't seen his kids in 30 years.

#28; I read your comment 5 times but I still don't understand. What are you on about?

Why am I under the impression 28 is the OP?

PainOfDemise 11
FarFromSocial 9

I'm on your side #49 I think #28 may be OP if not what the actual **** are you talking about #28?

Maybe #28 is pretending to be OP, if they were op their comment would be blue and it would say author. and yes it is possible they're using another account but what ate the odds of that?

From the computer/tablet/phone perspective not noticing one device is on someone else's login is believable.

I read your comment with cleveland's voice

#28 I understand what you're saying, but it is strange. My dad's girlfriend of about 8 years gets jealous and pissed off when he comes to see me or texts me, which is rare. She believes she should be the center of his attention, and for the most part she's gotten what she wants. Just as long as you never forget who the most important female in your life has been before your current wife. It's very difficult to rebuild a good relationship with your kid after you've lost it.

You maybe need to explain to her that family is family, regardless of her presence in your life, and your CHILDREN take priority over everything else.

Gee OP. That's gotta be rough. I just hope for the sake of your family that everyone is ok and not hurt. Hopefully your wife will get over it.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If the wife is in the car, can't he see how she is without asking?

There's situations where somebody looks completely fine but isn't, it's kind of common knowledge that after an accident like that, you ask everybody if they are okay to make sure nobody had sustained injury

I think OP did check that she was okay, but the wife was angry that she wasn't the first he checked on. Honestly it sucks that the wife was like that and didn't even bother about the daughter.

Geez, car accidents are no joke. This should also be fun to explain to the insurance company to!

psycho2012 7

so your daughter t-boned you? ouch that's gotta hurt and I can only for see trouble amongst the family in the future if that's the case. hope everyone is alright and you guys can work through things

Wait, why would there be family problems after an unlucky accident involving a father and daughter? I must be reading the FML wrong or something. Or do you know something more about the story? Or are you Superidiot, with the superpower of leaping to stupid conclusions in a single bound?

5 used speculation. 5 hurt himself in confusion.

Actually 26, I believe 5 was referring to the wife's reaction not the accident itself. The wife only cared that she wasn't the first one her husband checked when his daughter also could have been hurt. The wife seems a little selfish to me and it could probably hurt the mother-daughter relationship and cause arguments. I thought it was a perfectly valid observation and prediction.

Well now we know who loves the daughter more. Hope everyone is okay!

MyUsernameKatie 31
HeyHeyFishFillet 34

@32, Most beautiful comment I've read all day.

Wife vs daughter; there was no winning this one OP. :P Your wife would've been angry either way.

\ 28