By dinosawerr - 05/05/2009 12:42 - United States

Today, I was riding my bike with my parents. They make me wear a helmet when I'm with them. Some college age kids drove past and yelled, "Nice helmet!" My mother then told me, "They like you!" I'm sixteen and my helmet is blue. With flowers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 648
You deserved it 9 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mintfreshpinesol 0

At least you are being safe... I had a friend die because he wasn't wearing a helmet. your parents are smart.

As much as I personally would like a blue helmet with flowers, I understand. I'm a college kid, and I'm willing to risk brain injury than be seen using a helmet on campus.

Comments

AntiChrist7 0

do you rather have brain damage(although there probably isn't much of it anyway)? buy a new helmet and stop whining. YDI

Easy solution: Buy a vespa! Then you can wear a motorcycle helmet. Seriously, though. WEAR YOUR FRICKIN' HELMET. When I was a little kid, I was a helmet Nazi- and one day, I screamed at my dad to wear his helmet as he was leaving. He did- then he had an accident. It split the helmet, and STILL cut into his head. I hate to think what would have happened without the helmet.

Curtieeeez 0

Why don't you get a full face one? With pretty blue flowers :3

musu_fml 0

You'll be thankful for it when you have an accident. Brain damage is less cool than wearing a helmet.

cptnfrankie 0

that sounds hot, i'd date you.

your life is ******, but still ydi for not standing up for yourself. and for not buying yourself a new helmet.

najma95 0

LMFAO #8!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH even tho i dnt wear helmets cause they r annoying, ur parents are just scared u might get hurt....

prttyyngthng 0

HOW is this an FML? "Oh, I'm 16, I was bike riding with my parents and some college kids made fun of me." Take it from a college student, if it wasn't the helmet, they would have found something else to make fun of you for. The only good part of this damn post was your mom's obliviousness... other than that, you get a YDI for being a teenager posting stupid ass "OMG! It happened to me!" moments on FML. Why can't all the kids just go back to myspace and leave facebook and FML alone?

DannyPenguin 0

SERIOUSLY! ur a typical american idot, honestly... "oh, no, I wore a helmet!" ur not street skating man, it doesn't inhibit your abilities... g-d, stop being such an american teenager, and get over the freaking SAFETY measures. I have a helmet, and i've actually popped I guy in the face for calling me a fag and trying to start something. ur an idiot. get over yourself. oh, and the blue and flowers just mean go big or go home! lmao

Clearly, your brain is already damaged and you don't need a helmet anyway. Who the hell cares what some random people think? Take it from an adult, most college students lose that "make fun of everyone" high school attitude their sophomore year... and the ones that don't generally don't get their degree. Just grow up.