By tacoboy - 21/08/2009 08:06 - United States

Today, I was on a date with a girl I've had feelings for since I was 14 (I'm 22). I took her out to dinner, then to a movie that we both liked and had a few drinks afterwards. I thought it was going really well until I was driving her home and she asked to be dropped off at her boyfriend's house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 185
You deserved it 6 580

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to let that one go and find somebody who doesn't use people for free meals, entertainment and drinks.

Youve had feelings for her for 8 years, but you didnt know she was dating someone?

Comments

BeccaBek 0

I love how no one thinks that they were both aware they were cheating. This post makes sense if that's the case. I imagine you were pretty sure you were going to get laid...and with a girl you've liked for a long time! So yeah, dude. FYL.

veggiebre93 0

YDI!. bc yu waited 8 years to make a move on this girl.

Ouch...she should have told you she was seeing somebody before she agreed to go out with you. And for all the folks above who slam the OP for not knowing...he had a crush on her for 8 years, it's not like they were close friends. Obviously, they're NOT close friends because he didn't know she had a boyfriend! Duh! And for the morons saying "ydi becuz u waitd 8 years," well think about it. He could have been working at losing weight or getting over bad acne or a million different things. But to the OP...I'm sorry. She sounds like a user, really. You know now that she only took advantage of you. Put her in your past and move on. You at least sound like you know how to treat a girl right. Now you need to find someone worth treating right.

To be honest, it sounds like she thought she was catching up with an old friend, while the OP thought it was a date. It sucks, but I seriously doubt she's a *****, and I really don't think the OP deserved it. Sounds like a case of poor communication. I know I have gone out to dinner with people and it not been a date at all. That doesn't mean I'm a *****. It means I have these things called friends and we do things together. It happens. It sucks, dude, but hopefully you can move on and find a girl who's available.

Paula844 7

Sounds like you weren't on a date, dude.

Of course he deserves it, he's had a crush on her for 8 ******* years. That's way too long for anyone to go without either making a move or moving on. OP's a social failure. In most species, he would not be allowed to mate. The alpha male of the pack would rape him and eat his flesh.

You liked her for 8 years and didn't know she has a bf? And I agree with #93 and #94, sounds like she was just catching up with an old friend. Dinner, movie, few drinks... I often do that with my guy friends. One on one too. Plus my boyfriend and I are in a long-term serious relationship, he's cool with it, and so are my guy friends. Did you pay for all of it? Even if you just pay for say, the movie only, she might just think you're a cool guy being a gentleman. My friends and I often take turns paying for things.

russianspy1234 11

Yeah I have a lot of female friends (read my previous post on the friend zone) and we often do things like dinner and movie nights, there isn't much else to do. You really should not have assumed it was a date.

capthavoc123 0

It's interesting that you have "been in love with her" for eight years and apparently know next to nothing about her. Or maybe you did know, and asked her out anyway. Which makes you a creep.

My husband had feelings for me for 4 years before we got together. He moved out of the country, and we kept in touch, but he wanted to tell me face to face. And a few times when I was single, I agreed to "hang out" with guy friends, just to realize halfway through it was a date. Very awkward. So I'm voting FYL-- I could totally see this happening without either party being at fault.

Personally, I'll often pay for my friends for lunch, dinner, movies, or whatever. Alternately, they will often pay for me as well. It's a nice gesture, and sometimes it's just easier than splitting the check. I was starting to wonder if I had the only group of friends that does this.