By brit - 11/02/2010 05:13 - United States

Today, I was listening to my favorite radio station outta Detroit. A commercial came on for a program that was giving federal grants to people who were going into a trade, like me. Right as I was getting excited I heard the words "brought to you by the government of Canada." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 828
You deserved it 5 619

Same thing different taste

Comments

this is why u should folllow in canada's steps - we do have things (ex. our public health system

scorpioserpent 1

Canada's health care system blows. Look up how many people die each year because they are waiting in line for treatment.

Really? Health care in Canada is fine. We do not have people dying waiting for health care. If there is a medical emergency, those people are treated first. We don't have to fish out money to pay for the room we stayed in or any treatment we receive in the hospital because it's covered under the government. The only thing we have to pay for is an ambulance ride to the hospital. (Although I believe there are countries where that is covered as well.) The only things any additional coverage from work or elsewhere is needed is for things like dental, prescription medication, chiropractic, and vision care. The only thing someone might have to wait for is an organ donation because you obviously can't force people to donate their organs.

Wow maybe you should look it up then check your sources because nobody dies waiting in line. As t0xicfaerie said, priority cases go right through. Seriously did you really have some kind of mental image of a person bleeding to death in a hallway because there's a guy with a twisted ankle in line in front on him? Please don't be stupid.

Its not a literal line he's talking about, idiot. You Canadians on average wait faaar longer for medical treatment due to the enormous amount of beurocracy involved, and in case you never noticed your health care isn't "free". You pay for it every year in huge taxes, probably more than we do in health care payments. I dont know about you, but when I was visiting Canada and had to pay 15% sales tax on my food, etc, I was kind of upset. (Granted this was around Niagra falls, I don't know if the rate is so high everywhere but I know the taxes are vastly higher there than here.)

Hmmm.... Watch the movie Sicko. That'll change your mind 100%

Right now sales tax in Ontario is 13% and applies only to processed foods and convenience foods. Grocery items like meat, produce, dairy, breads are all tax free. That 13% is comprised of two types of tax: a provincial tax and a federal goods and service tax. Most people get part of the goods and service tax back from the government when they file their income tax return. Oh yeah, we also get paid back in fantastic health care, education system, infrastructure, and social programs.

I would also like to say that most Canadians have a family doctor and can just call ahead for an appointment with no wait time. The only time we wait is if we go the hospital. Last time I went, my wait was under an hour. Or, if we need specialized surgeries and people who are in MORE urgent need are scheduled first. And like people all over the world we wait for donor matches to treat all sorts of diseases.

STFU #132 are taxes are only ******* High because you dumb Yankees take all our ******* oil I live in the capital of Alberta and you ***** wanna build a pipeline from texas to here so you can suck up all the oil **** that and we also only pay gst were the only province who doesn't have to pay Pst on top of that our legal age is also 18 here not 19 you dumb Yankees are the ones who have to pay 10grand just to give birth to your own child in the hospital I hate America and I hate Americans cause you Americans are iggnorant and know nothing about our country get your facts straight before you speak

@Perdixxx(Wow just realized someone is having an identity crisis) *cough cough* Oh well I better go get that checked out for free and I might as well do some peacekeeping in Rwanda or Afghanastan because my country's and the UN's intentions are noble or better yet I'll travel to the U.S. where that cough turns out to be a nasty virus leaving me impaired in the hospital and clumsy me my travel insurance won't cover it so now I have to spend more than $100 on medicine bills that would be free in Canada, Australia, France, the U.K., Cuba etc. Hypathetical scenario and I don't dislike Americans just rude ones like this poser LOL.

Afghanistan*To my other comment since some people would jump all over that, snickerdoodles.

FMLable 0

The word's misspelled. Gotta love hypocrites..

this message has proudly been brought to you by the government of canada. where we live in igloos and spell it colour. and we have to end our statements with eh. EH! ;) sorry bud. but at least we told you at the end. :P

Well put, #28! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go feed my pet polar bear, eh?

I'm Canadian and: 1) I've never met someone who lived in an igloo because they all live in houses 2) The US is the ONLY English speaking country who spells it "color" 3) The US also is also one of the few countries that doesn't use the metric system and needs everything converted

Wow... Igloos?? Really??? Are you in grade 1? I've never even SEEN an igloo, and I've been living in Canada my whole life. Go back to elementary school.

I think he was joking;being sarcastic :P ?

I've been in Canada my whole life, and I am willing to bet that 28 was simply using all the stereotypes that other countries associate with Canada. People take things way too literally on here sometimes...

HyperactiveJer 0

lmfao to those 2 people who said Canada is spoiled

HyperactiveJer 0

All you Canadian haters. newsflash. you know shit all so shit your mouth. if you want real knowledge then actually go to school or you can move here to Canada and get A BETTER Education.

perdixx, speaking on behalf of canada Your a Fag (Y) :D

ghadir 2

channel 955 we're gonna rock this cityyyyy

that's not the real one. the real one just has one 'x'