By refticon - 06/02/2013 08:45 - Belgium - Antwerp

Today, I went to college on bike through snow and hail only to find out my professor can't make it to class due to the weather. She lives down my street. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 074
You deserved it 3 248

refticon tells us more.

Hi guys, OP here. I just wanted you to know I've laughed plenty of times over the years remembering your replies ! Here's to you ! Grtz Alex

Top comments

zingline89 18

Snow big deal. No need to flake out. You get an ice relaxing day off.

perdix 29

You are a lunatic and she is sane. I think you just learned a valuable lesson today. Have you ever seen someone ride a bike on a snow-covered street? It's surreal! The rider really has no way to stop or turn, so it just looks crazy!

Comments

kleopath 11

At least you get a little more free time?

Might as well give it a good use and go to sleep!

Looks like your professor has the right idea. Too bad you didn't find out until you were already there.

This has to be the first time I've ever seen an FML with no downvotes.

perdix 29

You are a lunatic and she is sane. I think you just learned a valuable lesson today. Have you ever seen someone ride a bike on a snow-covered street? It's surreal! The rider really has no way to stop or turn, so it just looks crazy!

That actually sounds really fun. Too bad it doesn't snow where I live, I'd totally try that.

Yeah, and end up in the road under the wheels of a car. Really fun.

perdix 29

#17, I moved from the north to Texas, and found it hilarious what people who've never been in the snow think it's like. It might be fun to skid around an empty parking lot, but when you're on a busy street and you've got the brakes locked and you are sliding like a sled, that's no fun.

Epikouros 31

Biking on snow isn't much harder than driving on snow, it just feels colder. As long as the snow isn't compacted into ice or two feet high, I'll just keep riding slow and steady.

Epikouros 31

Of course, it helps if you live in a flat area, like OP and me.

perdix 29

#31, sure, but I saw a guy coming down a hill on a road with the snow packed down into ice, and was just stunned to see the poor bastard. I can't imagine he was long for this world.

Yeah, I live in Texas. We simply aren't prepared for snow. When it does snow, most people stay indoors or stay on plowed roads. Obviously, I'm not going to risk getting nailed by a truck if I actually decided to ride a bike in the snow, so I'd probably stick to riding in circles on my driveway or something.

perdix 29

#47, I don't think the city of Houston even owns a snowplow. Conversely, in Wisconsin, lots of people own their own personal snowplows. They are attachments that go on a pick-up truck. The way those mofos move snow is effing astounding!

SnoochBoochie 14

I enjoy viewing the converted bikes here in MN. Ingenuity at it's best.

#5, for me it's quite common to ride a bike in the snow, just like almost everyone else in the Netherlands :)

zingline89 18

Snow big deal. No need to flake out. You get an ice relaxing day off.

Screeeeew youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, I'm too late.

zingline89 18

Yea, well, at least I got sleet in my one, so naaaah ;)

zingline89 18

Chill out Pleo. No need to be so cold. You need to recognize when you've been beat and hail to the master.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that you could beat me, in fact, there's snow-man here who could hope to win-ter. I thawed that was clear already, but apparently not. So consider this a freeze lesson then ;)

zingline89 18

You think you're so slick, but you're the polar opposite of punny. I know you've never s-melt defeat before, but its time you go into hibernation.

I like this. I like you two together. please, do continue. amuse me ever more

Awe #39 you scared them off. Who knows when they'll appear again.

I'm pretty sure PokeWife's husband knows.

Hi guys, OP here. I just wanted you to know I've laughed plenty of times over the years remembering your replies ! Here's to you ! Grtz Alex

BubbleGrunge 18

That is dedication, OP, but look on the bright side: you can go home and build a snow man!

Epikouros 31

That's a nice idea, but it's not going to happen. Temperatures are just above freezing there, so most of the snow won't last.

It's not even snowing there right now, but maybe it's a story that happened last week.

Check your e-mails, or call other classmates

Can't belive your professor flaked out on you like that. There's snow telling how lazy some people can be, just for a few more hours of sleet. Icy no reason why you shouldn't call her out on the fact that she's shirking her duties.