By JakeHolmes - 17/11/2009 06:48 - United States

Today, I was in my hot tub with my brand new phone. I set it down and when I grabbed my towel I knocked it into the water. I quickly snatched it up and dried it off with the towel and suprisingly only one button stopped working. It was the unlock button, a perfectly good phone that I can't use. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 890
You deserved it 47 896

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You took your phone with you to a hot tub? what were you expecting to happen? Even if the phone hadn't fallen into the water it could have been damaged by the steam from the hot water. YDI.

How do you know the unlock button was the only one that stopped working if you couldn't get into your phone? ....

Comments

how do u know the other buttons dont work if u cant unlock it?

Phones still respond to buttons pressed when locked, usually by turning the backlight on

totalbadass 0

I clicked YDI as soon as I saw "phone" and "hot tub".

Reyo 2

As did I 71, as did I. Seriously though, I'm guessing you got the iFail if it has the automatic locking feature. That in itself is a YDI, let alone having it with you when in a hot tub. I don't trust my POS krazer next to a glass of water.

OP, YDI. Why have your phone next to a hot tub? Can't people take an hour off without having to send a text or update their twitter? Unless your expecting a call from NASA telling you they are giving you the first free flying car, leave it in another room you fucktarded deadshit.

#82, right on. couldnt have said it better myself.

why would you bring a brand new cell near a hot tub??

christa953 12

well I don't have a hot tub and my phones unlock button stopped working for no reason and I'm not posting fmls about it...

chocolemonade 6

oh my god!! the exact same thing happened to my iPhone. I have no clue why though...The home button stopped working. It suuuuuuuuuuuucks, but strangly enough it's still usable. I had mine like that for a year. shitty to use but not impossible

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#130- Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think an iPhone would be able to be used without the home button... It's a pretty critical part of the phone.

You took your phone with you to a hot tub? what were you expecting to happen? Even if the phone hadn't fallen into the water it could have been damaged by the steam from the hot water. YDI.

I had the same problem with a phone of mine. The only button that didn't work was the unlock button. Put it in a bag of uncoocked rice. It will pull all the moisture out and sometimes it'll work again.

It worked with an itouch of mine that I went swimming with in my pocket for 15 mins

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I went sledding for about an hour with my iPod touch in my pocket, put it in a bowl of rice for just a night, and now it's perfectly fine. (It's almost 5 years old).

Also the rice will attract Asian people in the night who will fix your phone.

It doesn't pull out the moisture it attracts Asians at night and they fix the phone

You sir, FAIL. What did you f*cking EXPECT to happen to a delicate electronic device near water?

BelaLugosisdead 0

This isn't a FML. It's a I was stupid and now I'm whining about it. Water and electronics do not make a happy couple. YDI

How do you know the unlock button was the only one that stopped working if you couldn't get into your phone? ....

Well on my phone if I press any other button it will show up on the screen 'press * to unlock' so that means the other buttons work and when he presses the unlock one nothing happens...

CheshireHalli 19

Because if other buttons are hit, the screen will light and tell you to unlock it.

on some phones if u dial "911" and then cancel the call before you start it, it will unlock the phone..

This is why idiots don't deserve nice things.