Long wait

By Candace - 27/01/2010 03:31 - United States

Today, my best friend planned a birthday party for me at the local Mexican restaurant. NO ONE showed up. We'd told the waiter there would be 18 arriving. Two hours later he brought me free ice cream. Even the non-English speaking waiters knew I was a loser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 421
You deserved it 3 909

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your friends suck. That, in my opinion, is the FML. But, I don't know how you got the impression that "non-english speaking waiters knew" you were a loser. Did they come right out and tell you so? Or is it because they brought you free ice cream? A lot of restaurants give you a free dessert when it's your birthday, so that is probably why they gave you ice cream. You shouldn't think of it as a pity-treat. You need to build new friendships and re-build your self-esteem, because automatically assuming the waiters are thinking the worse kinda says you're not comfortable with yourself.

Awww... I'm sorry. Make new friends! I would have gone (I love Mexican food)!! :D

Comments

Lol. That's sad. I'm sorry you have no friends.

moonlight_daze 8

The OP has one friend... The "best friend" who helped plan the party.

I'm not sure if her best friend did. It's worded too confusingly. She says 'we' told the waiter, but then she gout brought free ice cream, and everyone knew she was a loser. If her friend had been there, she wouldn't have looked like a loser at all, it would just have looked like two friends having a meal. Though reading it through again, the free ice cream thing still makes sense. Just not the everyone thinking she was a loser part, unless the two of them were sat at a table for eighteen. *needs to stop overthinknig FML and get out more*

she has friends asshole I'm one of them.... and Candace : I'm sorry I could not make it I had absolutly no way to get there. for the record.... she is an awsome person that everyone loves but ... it was unlucky:( but I love you!!!!!!

ME TOO CANDACE IM SORRY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'LL COME NEXT TIME FOR SURE.

tdawgheath 0

I think the point was 18 were supposed to come and maybe only her friend was there. Maybe just family? It is worded a lil weird, but in either case, it's like 12 less than they claimed were supposed to be there, sounds really shitty to me.

pwincessa23 1

Yes he did... I'm sure he said "a este cabron no lo quiere nadie. vamos a darle helado gratis al pobre pendejo" im jk sorry dude.

pwincessa23 1

Sorry. i thought u were a guy.... still sorry.

spidermonke 0

#18, two friends having a meal at a table of 18!?! yep don't look like losers to me *sarcasm* (* are for the idiots that can't comprehend)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

YDI for thinking that you are superior than someone who doesn't speak english, bet no one showed up for a reason.

cRaZy_BaTcH 5

Wrong. Some people jus plan ignorant and fake like that. But than again you right.

^ Omfg where are you going to school? Leaving your horrible spelling aside, your grammar is shit, i had to decifer whatever crap you wanted to say -_-'

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Awww... I'm sorry. Make new friends! I would have gone (I love Mexican food)!! :D

fattypie101 0

ok no one cares about your profile pic get a life

Your friends suck. That, in my opinion, is the FML. But, I don't know how you got the impression that "non-english speaking waiters knew" you were a loser. Did they come right out and tell you so? Or is it because they brought you free ice cream? A lot of restaurants give you a free dessert when it's your birthday, so that is probably why they gave you ice cream. You shouldn't think of it as a pity-treat. You need to build new friendships and re-build your self-esteem, because automatically assuming the waiters are thinking the worse kinda says you're not comfortable with yourself.

Hanban 0

Having new friends is better than sulking on the old ones...

#9, I know this. Hopefully you're just reinforcing my statement to the OP instead of misunderstanding what I was trying to say, lol.

CammyGal 26

They were expecting 18 people so OP was probably sitting at a large table by himself where everyone could see.

xanniefiend420 0

did you atleast get lots of tacos? :D

Hanban 0

At least your best friend showed up. :D

perdix 29

There are no language barriers in loser detection. If you heard the restaurant staff using the "perdedor," they're talking about you, baby. So why don't you kill me?

Soy un perdedor...Im a loser, baby. So, why don't you kill me. Aaaah, the songs from my youth. Sorry for the interruption, you can now return to your normally scheduled comments.