By flaggurl - 10/03/2009 01:16 - United States

Today, I was in my backyard scolding my cat. I yelled, "If you can't learn to use the bathroom correctly then I am going to leave your stupid butt out here in the snow until you figure it out!!" Later, my neighbor left me a nasty note about child abuse - she thought I was scolding my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 080
You deserved it 12 219

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cats never listen to you, don't waste your breath. Buy a spray bottle

Comments

#6, when i call my cat she answers, when i say come here she comes, when i say shut up she lays on the floor..... They're intelligent animals

Maybe you should take your neighbor to the backyard and put his stupid butt on snow until him figure out that it's not a good idea to listen someone else talk.

How could you throw a cat out in the snow? It's not like he would know what you're punishing him for, you're just going to make him freeze to death.

You should have taken the cat out to the back and shot it for getting you in trouble with your neighbors

cat_girl 0

Are you trying to make the cat go outside for the bathroom? That is a little strange for a cat to do, isn't it?

discoinferno 0

Cats don't use a bathroom, they use a litter box. Why would you say "learn to use the bathroom"?

bsneeze 0

What kind of person thinks scolding is verbal abuse? Discipline is important for children! Gotta keep those nasty ******* in line!

@3, 14, & 20 You seriously think yelling at your kid and locking him outside the house in the freezing cold for not using the bathroom correctly is acceptable parenting?

No, but scaring the living daylights out of the kid by making him -think- it will happen works --really-- well. Nosy neighbor should have left his or her nose out of your business, regardless, unless a kid was really left outside. Hope you replied to the note and embarrassed the hell out of him or her. I love my cats, but other than gathering that you're angry, they really don't understand what you're saying. I think at one point or another, every cat or dog owner has said something to their pet. Just... don't leave the cat outside in the cold, either.

Why were you trying to teach a cat how to use the bathroom outside anyway?...that's what litter boxes are for.