By Tom_why - 23/05/2009 19:27 - United Kingdom

Today, I was helping some mental health patients at work, I spent 20 mins to fail to connect the DVD player to the TV and went back to make them something to eat. I came back into the room after 5 mins and one of the patients had connected it for himself. He has a profound learning disability. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 325
You deserved it 24 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your giving them way too little credit. They are humans like you and me after all.

Comments

maybe the person with a learning disability also had mental health problems? Some people are so quick to judge on here :s

alex_vik 0

It's not that hard. If it's your standard Red Yellow White connection, you match the colors. If it's the High-Def Red Yellow White Green Blue Purple, then you match the colors too. If it's an HDMI cable, then you plug that in right side up. Are you really that stupid?

speedydrumstix 0

dude people with learning disabilities and shit can be extremely logical and figure things out.

It sucks that you can't connect a simple DVD player, white goes to white, red to red, yellow to yellow. I doubt it's in HD, so there's not much to do. If it isn't like that, then it's ******* easier.

#9 was waaay too harsh, the OP never used the word retard. But he did say the guy has a profound learning disability yet he either was able to learn how to hook a DVD player up, or taught himself. To put it simply, he got owned by someone slow within technology.

that thing should even be a problem for that patient, I figured out how to connect a DVD/R the first time I saw one. white, goes into white, red goes into red, yellow goes into yellow and you only need to figure out the power chord.

I'd say you're dealing with a savant there.

wow profound .. that means his IQ is around 30 ...... ouchhhh well sucks to be u

sometimes technology just doesn't obey people that's why i think it's gonna take over the world in 2012....

Pardon me sir, but you seem to be suffering from EPIC BURN.