By Tom_why - 23/05/2009 19:27 - United Kingdom

Today, I was helping some mental health patients at work, I spent 20 mins to fail to connect the DVD player to the TV and went back to make them something to eat. I came back into the room after 5 mins and one of the patients had connected it for himself. He has a profound learning disability. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 325
You deserved it 24 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your giving them way too little credit. They are humans like you and me after all.

Comments

REDRED YELLOWYELLOW WHITEWHITE It's ******* color coded!

a lot of people with certain learning disabilities have certain areas in which they are really intelligent. like the guy in rainman was a genius with numbers but he couldnt function in normal society. maybe this guy's thing was knowing how electronics work or something. then again, hooking up a dvd player isn't that hard. so maybe you're just stupid.

yoursavinggrace 0

#97 Maybe you've had limited exposure to autistic people, but the "severity" can range significantly. For example, my brother can construe basic sentences such as "Yes please", "No thank you," and "I want ______." However, there are people at his school who can't even talk, they flip out when other people touch them, and they have absolutely no way of expressing themselves. And then there are those who you can barely tell are autistic. Sorry for lecturing you, but it made me a little upset that you were making those suffering with autism seem insignificant. I'm sure you didn't know any better though, so it's fine.

Luvdaisuke 0

I agree with #9. I think those people there could be smarter than many people in the world. I'm hurt how you assume people with mental heath are retarded and can't do anything. My brother has a mental issue. But he is still very smart. He's a really bright and smart guy and nothing could change that. So deal with it. Someone with a mental issue fixes something for you, and you think it's a horrible thing. But it's not, it's just an average everyday person fixing something for you.

eeee93757 0

You can't set up a DVD player?! (Not to assume because what 132 said is very true, but) Are you sure you're not ONE of the patients?

red wire goes is red hole, white wire goes in white hole, yellow wire goes in yellow hole. Unless it's a HD DVD player, but I highly doubt that. But if that is the case. Square ended wire goes in square hole.

crap09 0

Hey, you guys never know. Maybe it was a TV that isn`t color coded. You guys are making assumptions as bad as the OP`s.

I've never seen a TV that's not colour coded. Ever. Except for older model TVs but then you'd jsut have to use a coaxial cable which would be even easier.

soulonfire928 0

mental health problems != learning disabilities. mental health = depression, bipolar disorder, etc. learning disabilities = autism, mental retardation, etc. You're an idiot.

Yellow goes to Yellow. White goes to White. Red goes to Red. Been like this since the 90's, where have you been?