By Tom_why - 23/05/2009 19:27 - United Kingdom

Today, I was helping some mental health patients at work, I spent 20 mins to fail to connect the DVD player to the TV and went back to make them something to eat. I came back into the room after 5 mins and one of the patients had connected it for himself. He has a profound learning disability. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 325
You deserved it 24 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your giving them way too little credit. They are humans like you and me after all.

Comments

Kyothine 0

uh huhhuhuhuhuh learning disability=retarded. NO. **** YOU. Not only are you incapable of connecting a DVD Player, but you think that every person with a mental disorder is a moron, like you. **** you, like #9 said, these people are humans.

samhat 0

As a special education teacher, im sick of people thinking that just becasue someone is labeled mentally handicap they cant do anything at all. Grow up and and stop stereotyping.

I clicked YDI the moment I saw that it took you 20 minutes to fail at hooking up a DVD player. Honestly, it's three cables and you just have to match the colors. A freakin monkey could do it. And yea, like most others have said here, just because they have a mental disorder doesnt mean they're morons (ever watch Monk?). These people are humans too.

Everyone has some kind of skill, even people with mental health challenges. If you're a worker in the mental health field, you should know that.

coffeennicotine 0

Okay, well, you're a dumbass and a pompous one at that. Just because someone has a mental disability doesn't mean they can't figure out simple things, or can't be good at certain things. Supposedly everyone has something good about them, though I'm failing to see anything good about you.

red cable, red plug. I feel bad for you.

You do know that a braindead monkey can connect a DVD player. You my retarded friend need to go get help from the place you work at and tech help from that braindead monkey I mentioned...

Illustrator 0

Aw, look how open-minded everyone is about 'not making assumptions'. 1) Not every person with a learning disability is the one you read about in that inspirational chain letter who became a master artist or musician. Real life =/= Oprah 2) OP said 'profound' learning disability. As in severe. We don't know what this disability is, but we can assume it's bad. (Most disabilities are.) 3) OP works with this person, you don't. I'm much more trusting of his judgement than the mock indignation of some anonymous FML users. 4) Then again, OP couldn't work the red/white/yellow cables, so maybe his judgement is a bit off.

Profound learning difficulty = IQ of less than 20/25, so if I was OP I would be bit worried too

thisishilarious 0

you officially suck at life