By Tom_why - 23/05/2009 19:27 - United Kingdom

Today, I was helping some mental health patients at work, I spent 20 mins to fail to connect the DVD player to the TV and went back to make them something to eat. I came back into the room after 5 mins and one of the patients had connected it for himself. He has a profound learning disability. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 325
You deserved it 24 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your giving them way too little credit. They are humans like you and me after all.

Comments

Hey, ADHD/Autistic kids can be quite good in the technical field!

wiinick 0

wow you are so pathetic. really how hard is it to put together a puzzle. yellow to yellow, white to white, red to red, then plug it in. and last but not least pres tv/vtr 3 times if your on video 3(front of tv). everything is labled. i learned how to do that when i was like 5 or 6. but you live in 2009, you should be ashamed. next your going to say i dont know how to turn on a computer. And work the tv. the guy should be taking care of you, now adays technology is so easy a 2 year old can do it. so when people are tired of helping you turn off the tv you will be stuck and bored, yes you are pathetic. tech is easy, no extremely easy, i bet you needed that guys help just to post this. sorry but this technology retardedness really pisses me off, because it takes 2 seconds to learn it, if you would just look. and put it together. but really how hard is it, it takes me 3 seconds to hook it up and play a movie. so, your next goal is to learn how to use a computer dvd and tv. do that and you wont annoy people with useless questions on how to do something so timple as to pushing a button.yes that simple. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(and no i dont have anger issues, just people being retarded)

I agree with #106. You are pretty pathetic. It's people like you, with backwards thinking, that keeps society thinking backwards. I have worked with mentally deficient people and I've had conversations that were far more intelligent than with a 'normal' person. I'd say you're the one with a learning disability...

F you for underestimating mentally challenged people, asshole. YDI

Canuck 0

so his accomplishment is a fyl? can't you be happy for the guy?

brittahnayy 0

#9 is an idiot. And good for that person! :D maybe they have good motor skills.

Who cares about the relationship between a learning disability and whether or not you can plug in a DVD player? It's funny and ironic. Let's enjoy FMLs.

leagan66 0

Good for them! but sometimes, in some learning disabilities, many people have trouble with some learning, but are very good at putting stuff together, or connecting electronics, like DVD players.

gracegracegrace 0

did you make this up? you should've been happy and grateful...just said "oh thanks for doing that, maybe you could teach me next time I'm confused" to the patient. everyone has strengths and weaknesses...it sounds like your patient could use his strength to help remediate your weakness. everyone, no matter what their label, has knowledge & skills to offer others.