By Anonymous - 24/01/2011 07:29 - United States

Today, I was grounded for not agreeing with an article on dating my mom found in a very strict magazine. The article told parents to monitor phone calls, make rumors about their children cheating on people and not allow their children anywhere but home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 499
You deserved it 3 141

Same thing different taste

Comments

amazinglover69 0
perdix 29

What religion encourages spreading lies, even if it is a means to end?

FYLDeep 25

Why would it matter? This FML doesn't even mention religion at all. I hope you're not trying to start something perdix.

perdix 29

Often, but not always, "strict" is associated with religion. I'd lay odds that my guess is pretty good.

Christianity for one. Judaism is another. Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Paganism, and Wican are just a few.

Pip - Let's just sum it up and say all of them.

Wouldn't it just be easier to say you're not allowed to date? That seems like a lot of effort on her part. She must know she's doing a piss poor job of raising you if she will have to go through all that to keep your virtue and morals intact.

selene1_fml 0

your mother is a very stupid person!!!

Lichinamo 33

A simple excuse to leave the house: "I have to go. I have school."

aznmex21 3

shit i would've disagreed too. leave the house anyways. unless ur mom strapped an ankle bracelet on u, then ur screwed hahah

theonlysweetpea 10

I can see this going a lot of ways but none of them are good for you, OP. All I can say is that college may have to be your primary goal. i.e. GET OUT!

Unless their mom forces them to go to college locally so they can live at home, and mom can pick them up and drop them off at classes. Sometimes I wish you could just rage quit your family!