By elevatorjerk - 02/09/2009 13:01 - United States

Today, I was going to work and got in the elevator. I was going through my bag for my phone and asked the man in the elevator to push the button for me. He gave me a look of death before I realized he had no arms. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 678
You deserved it 13 948

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Then how did he get in and choose his floor in the first place? I'm calling shenanigans.

Comments

what was an armless man doing in a work building? I feel really bad for him but seriously doesn't work require writing most the time? fyl

joy1523 0

BS. first of all, the chances that someone missing both arms just walks around elevators and everywhere in every situation without any arms at all (meaning without prosthetic arms or something else to help them) is unlikely. and secondly, if they did they would have had to be doing so for a significant amount of time... and I doubt someone who has been living for any amount of significant time without arms is going to give people the "look of death" when someone doesn't notice at first. i'm pretty sure they would have encountered that many times before and since realized that its an awkward mistake and not anything malicious....

You should have shaken his hand and apologi.. oh wait. Buhahahaha. :P

what the hell? surely he had an idea of how he was going to press the button in the first place? I hardly believe a man is going to hang out in an elevator all day waiting for someone to go to the exact floor he wanted. Paraplegics aren't useless...

LibbyBee 0

One of my good friends has no arms and she can push elevator buttons, drive cars, do whatever without the help of anybody. The guy was either being bitter or a jerk. Don't give him a second thought. Plus, it's not like you were being rude about it and making fun, you were just distracted.

but he had a nose, right? he was just being selfish

Why the hell would there be an armless man in an elevator? SHANANIGANS!!