By good_job_john - 20/07/2009 15:43 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend on my boat at the lake. As we were looking at the mountains all around us, she playfully pushed me off the side into the water. As I got back on the boat, I realized that not only was my cellphone dead, but the ring had fallen into the deep water. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 399
You deserved it 4 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

samantha246 0
RaspberryBerret 0

thats horrible =( i'd be so pissed if i were you, that ring was prolly expensive >>

Comments

now thats why you get insurance on an engagement ring!

Nai_fml 0

I kinda want to know how she "playfully" pushed you off of the side of the boat and into the water. If you were on the bow and had a bit of a bigger boat, it makes a bit more sense, but then it'd probably be a bit more painful going in, too, considering you would probably hit the railing. FYL for losing the ring, though. (And I'm not trying to call fake on this one. Just genuinely curious on how he was playfully pushed over the side of the boat.)

Baroness542 6

It could possibly be a smaller boat? I mean, it could just be a little speed boat type thing, and they don't really have a railing or anything. I've been pushed off my family's speed boat many times... Pontoons also just have a row of seats, not really a railing or anything. So, it could happen. It just sucks about the phone and the ring, OP. Hopefully you'll find some way to get at least part of the money back if it was an incredibly expensive one.

Nai_fml 0

Oh, I know it could, I own three smaller boats, but it's actually somewhat harder to push someone out of them. I guessed a bigger boat because I don't really think someone would want to propose on a smaller speed boat since there's not much room on them, but I did think it could be a pontoon boat or even the type of boat that has no railing or sides at all. I just wanted a bit more information on the situation before yelling "YDI for being pushed off by your girlfriend" (not like I'd yell that anyways, but that was to make a point). And as in my previous post, I'm not trying to sound like a bitch, and if I've worded this so it sounds like I am, sorry.

Baroness542 6

It didn't make you sound like a bitch. At least, I don't think so. Also, maybe it was a paddle boat? Or a canoe! ;)

did you tell her?????? if not send her a bill lol

FYL =( How can anyone possibly say this is a YDI?

I think it's so cute how you said playfully. you must love her a lot. that sucks though..,

Holy crap that sucks. But dont tell her about the ring, she will feel absolutely horrible forEVER! Just say you are upset about your phone

How old is she? 13? Who the hell pushes people into the lake "playfully". If anyone did that to me they will have a fist in their face.

AAAAHHHH12 2

Is "teasingly" better? Jeez.

RandomBlonde 0

Aww im so sorry! That must've been awful. And its completely possible for her to push someone off the boat. We dont know anything about her so for all we know she could've been a body builder...or someone tall, and she kinda shoved him and he fell in. We dont know the details so its TOTALLY NOT A YDI! Stop saying it is! And pushing someone off a boat is a mistake. and idiotic one, but still a mistake. its not like she was trying to kill him. Really sorry. She has to understand. Shes the one who pushed you off in the first place XD Make sure to get insurance and all that.

Nai_fml 0

If this was directed at my comment, where I asked how she could have playfully pushed him off of the side of the boat, I never said it was a YDI. I never said it wasn't possible for her to push him off of the side of the boat, either. I just wanted to know how he was pushed off the side of the boat.