By good_job_john - 20/07/2009 15:43 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend on my boat at the lake. As we were looking at the mountains all around us, she playfully pushed me off the side into the water. As I got back on the boat, I realized that not only was my cellphone dead, but the ring had fallen into the deep water. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 399
You deserved it 4 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

samantha246 0
RaspberryBerret 0

thats horrible =( i'd be so pissed if i were you, that ring was prolly expensive >>

Comments

xcchick 0

awh, thats horrible what happened! i'm sorry.

OMG dive down there and go find it!! lol BUT STILL omg that sucks and btw about your phone if you drop it in water don't turn it on immediately take the battery and sim out and leave them to dry for 3 days and it should work when you reassemble them.

HRaeH 0

Did you at least TELL her that was what happened afterwards?

Gaaah that sucks Kind of ruined the plan, didn't she? :( Should've proposed anyway and told her where the ring went. Doesn't really matter as long as you love her, and it's not your fault the ring got dropped. Could just get divers to retrieve it and give it to her when they get it back.

maybe you shouldn't bring your phone on a boat. but for the ring, that sucks dude I'm sure it would have been romantic.

Damn that sux! She didn't mean it tho, and you can still ask her to marry you. Maybe you can dive back in and find the ring?

Oh my god. I would seriously dump her just for that. I just... AHKSJHKSJhdkjsh. FYL.

She probably had no idea that he had his cell phone on him, since under normal circumstances it'd be kinda retarded to take your cell phone on a boat. However, OP probably brought it along should his girlfriend say "yes" and immediately want to inform her friends and family. So I don't think it's anyone's fault... just a victim of circumstance.

Ok, sometimes I put YDI even when it's not applicable, but I couldn't bear myself to do it this time. Seriously, FYL. *By the way, no need for angry comments towards me for two reasons: 1. No, I am not the troll who always puts YDI even when it's a legitimate "FML." But I guess to some pedantic people it requires a flamewar. 2. I won't be present in the flamewar as I don't return to "FML" comments like some no-lives do.