By frenchgirlll - 27/04/2009 04:43 - United States

Today, I was giving my crush a lift home from a mutual friend's house. When he got in the car, my mom asked in French, "Is this the guy you won't stop talking about? You can do so much better!" Of all the things I've told about him to my mom, I forgot to mention he's French as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 900
You deserved it 12 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents always say stupid things. It's not like you can't expect it at least once in your life. Sometimes it can even be out of jealously.

Comments

Eh, maybe he didn't pay attention? Hopefully he gets over it. Your mom is mean,though.

So what, the guy thinks your mom is a bitch, doesn't mean you are.

#7/#10: so maybe the mom was being an ass, but the FML poster wasn't. : | I'm bilingual and my parents talk in another language to me all the time, just because IT'S EASIER FOR THEM, as english isn't their first language. If OP is already used to a situation like that, can't really fault them for taking advantage of the obvious uses of knowing another language.

You're not to blame for your mother's rudeness and lack of tact.

Yes awkward situation. Any guy with a brain should love these. If he'd give some sort of answer showing he knows french, didn't seem to bothered about it, and kept his composure and good mood, he would shine in the eyes of both mum and daughter. Awkward situations are gifts from the heavens. Use them well.

this is so not an FML for the OP. it's an FML for the guy. if that had happened to me, i wouldve said to my mom "um, he speaks french."

turtlellama 0

Hahaha, finally a true FML.

b5200 0

If I was the French guy I would have said "It's not polite to talk about people in other languages so they can't understand, especially if they speak that language."