By frenchgirlll - 27/04/2009 04:43 - United States

Today, I was giving my crush a lift home from a mutual friend's house. When he got in the car, my mom asked in French, "Is this the guy you won't stop talking about? You can do so much better!" Of all the things I've told about him to my mom, I forgot to mention he's French as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 900
You deserved it 12 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents always say stupid things. It's not like you can't expect it at least once in your life. Sometimes it can even be out of jealously.

Comments

HAHAHAHAHA... Mom deserved that one. Silly, silly french.

I HATE it when people speak a language I dont understand when Im around. It is ridiculously rude if they know the language that I speak. Im not bothered if thats the only language they know, but generally speaking its not.

juega12847 0

Maybe the mom didn't speak English very well and felt more comfortable speaking French in front of the kid so she wouldn't be embarrassed by her terrible English. Ever thought of that? If she did know English just fine, then yes, she was a huge **** for saying that shit in his presence. At least wait until he got out of that car. Karma's a bitch.

wow your mum's kinda bitchy huh. least she shld had done was to wait till you guys are alone.

that was really mean of your mom. you should never talk about someone behind their back in another language, especially if you're saying something hurtful like that! hopefully he won't judge you for what she said...

This could pretty easily be turned back on your mom. "Today, I was with my daughter as she picked up a boy she was crazy about to drive home from their friend's house. When he got in, I saw he was a bit of a dog, so I leaned over to my daughter and said, 'Is this the guy you won't stop talking about? You can do so much better!' in French so the boy wouldn't understand. My daughter promptly turned around in her seat to introduce us. 'Hey Mom, this is (so-and-so). Guess what -- he speaks French too.' FML"

darienh08 0

#44 it's not rude. For many people it is just easier to speak their native language. It's particularly non-rude when kids are talking with their parents who had to learn English later in life and don't speak it that well. In fact, it would be pretty disrespectful to the parents if the kid didn't speak to them in their mother tongue.

That's when you introduce him to her - in French. >:)