By frenchgirlll - 27/04/2009 04:43 - United States

Today, I was giving my crush a lift home from a mutual friend's house. When he got in the car, my mom asked in French, "Is this the guy you won't stop talking about? You can do so much better!" Of all the things I've told about him to my mom, I forgot to mention he's French as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 900
You deserved it 12 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents always say stupid things. It's not like you can't expect it at least once in your life. Sometimes it can even be out of jealously.

Comments

You weren't giving him a lift home. Your mummy was giving him a lift home.

If they're a French family, then they probably always talk to each other in French. I don't see how that is so rude, and if people think that each time someone says something in a language you don't understand, that they're obviously saying something in their back, then they're paranoids. It WAS a bit rude of the mom to do it then, though, but she could have said anything else that didn't involve the guy, like "you called me late" or "I'm taking him home, and then we're going to (place) for (reason)," and she wouldn't have said it in English if she didn't think it was the guy's business. Your life's ******, but I think you deserve it a tiny bit for not telling your mom that he's French; it probably would have been a good argument in his favor!

SpaceMonkeh 0

"Today, my crush was giving me a ride home. When I got in the car, her mom said "Is this the guy you won't stop talking about? You can do so much better!" in French. Apparently the girl didn't tell her mom I'm French. FML"

I'd be pissed with mum on that. You could have also spoken to him in French in front of your mum ....

lol at least after she sold out out she redeemed you a bit!

Julle_fml 0

That really sucks. But it sounds like you really like him, and that's what's most important. :) Hopefully you'll teach your mom not to be so superficial, when she gets to know him better.

Jbomb01 0

This happened to me except the language was Spanish, I hope he left you for what I saw, a shallow mother.

I'd have thought talking in a 'secret' language when someone else is present is pretty rude. If you do it with your Mom all the time then you kind of asked for that one!