By frenchgirlll - 27/04/2009 04:43 - United States

Today, I was giving my crush a lift home from a mutual friend's house. When he got in the car, my mom asked in French, "Is this the guy you won't stop talking about? You can do so much better!" Of all the things I've told about him to my mom, I forgot to mention he's French as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 900
You deserved it 12 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents always say stupid things. It's not like you can't expect it at least once in your life. Sometimes it can even be out of jealously.

Comments

1) Ms. Idiot, you could have simply replied in french "No Mom, that's not him" and suddenly you're all safe :) 2) Taking your mom to give your crush a lift!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! 3) Its FHL not yours smarty :)

oK that would be embarrassing, sounds like something my mom would do, but that would be parents for you. did he say anything? and if he askes just be like my mom always thinks i can do better dont take it personally. and #81 you dont know how old she is not everyone has there own car and or drives.

Your mom is a bitch, and a stupid one at that.

missus_butter 0

Ugh, your mom is a bitch for trying to talk down about someone she thought couldn't speak her language right in front of them. I'm gonna say YDI, because I'm guessing this is a habit you and she have together.

Pas très gentil d'utiliser une langue étrangère pour faire ce genre de commentaire...

Miss_Tyff 0

#7, she didn't say that SHE was the one speaking in french, she simply stated that it was her mother that responded in french to her about the guy, in front of him. Not a very nice thing to do, but it's not the girl's fault. It's the mother's! Very rude of her.

SensFan33 0

In all honesty, as much as the mother would come across as an ass, as a guy, I would find it really sweet and cute that you liked me enough to talk to your parents about me.

hahahaa aww Its never safe to talk about people in other languages. This American guy cut my mom and I in a shopping line once and my mom started talking about how rude he was in Chinese, and then he turned around and asked us in Chinese if we were from Taiwan. Turns out he had lived there for 2 years and he was fluent.

Ouch! That happened to a friend of mine but in Greek not French.