By f-ugly - 25/03/2013 18:36 - United States

Today, I was freshening up my makeup in the car before a date. An old lady walked by and said through my open window, "Don't bother. There's no helping you, honey." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 254
You deserved it 4 556

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should have said "Ditto, you're going to be dead pretty soon." Give her a taste of her own medicine, the elderly come out with some awful comments sometimes...

Comments

countryrose92 23

They can be so harsh, but honest all at the same time

asnakelovinbabe 16

It's just that they have seen and done so much in the world that they don't bother to sugar coat things anymore. Can't really blame them!

Well that isn't generalising at all, is it? Because there aren't also teens, kids, young adults and other adults that could have said the exact same thing. *rolls eyes*

I'll never understand why people think it's ok for older people to be assholes simply because they're old. (It reminds me of how the media treats Prince Phillip like he's a funny old man, even after he says racist and sexist things). A person is a person, regardless of their age. And if they're being an asshole to you, you have every right to call them out for it.

Should have given her the face 1 is making in her pic

22 - as the brain ages and slowly deteriorates, the part of your brain that filters out what you know is socially acceptable and what is not doesn't quite work, so old people aren't always aware what they're saying is really that inappropriate. Old people say the darnest things!

23 - It's not so much that people think it's acceptable for old people to be assholes, it's just that nobody can really do anything to stop them or change their way of thinking whatsoever. If you try to call out an old person it just makes the situation worse haha.

I think that's pretty funny.. Perhaps she was right.. Or in her own sense (the old hag) perhaps thought there's no helping OP because she feels the need to wear make up, when really, OP could be the most beautiful girl and truly doesn't need makeup.. I'm sure there was some good in this elderly women's statement... (Or perhaps I just try to see the good side to everything, I could be completely wrong) don't feel too bad OP.

misataylor86 10

That is so true I don't know why you got thumbed down?!

misataylor86 10

Probably because they have been through a lot more than any of us have had to go through..

This same thing happened to me OP except it was a young guy. I'm not going to lie I cried but I was more upset that someone would actually say that to somebody! People are mean. Just try to forget about it!

Wealthyparrot 9

Old people ALWAYS are assholes though. Not a single exception exists. Not because they're bad people, but because civil rights moves forwards (mostly) and they don't stick with the program. So they're always saying things that just aren't ok anymore, at all, ever.

Should have said "Ditto, you're going to be dead pretty soon." Give her a taste of her own medicine, the elderly come out with some awful comments sometimes...

Lionesse 15

I agree.. Senile bats. My friends great grandmother yelled at her because she got her a chocolate cake instead of vanilla. So the old bat yelled at everyone saying she wants vanilla next year. I replied "If she lives another year". I'm not welcome at their house anymore.

I've seen that in a site somewhere.... Or a book.. Not very original, 45.

^ It was the 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' movie

Lionesse 15

#47 Nothing we say nowadays is ever original. Get over it. Everything we have said or say, someone before us has said it already. Whether it'd be in a book or a movie or someone you know. I am not too familiar with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. I merely said it because my uncle once said it to my grandmother when I was younger. Unless the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book was out in the 1990's then maybe my uncle copied them. I didn't even know there was a movie, all I know that it was a book.

Don't take it to the heart, some people just suck.

wlddog 14

It times like these, when you expect the kindness of strangers, and they turn the phrase on its head. The world has its fair share of jerks and a-holes. Why do people think they need to add to the ranks of the rude and unwanted?

Sinamoi 18

"Old lady rude"? You type like a gorilla.

calm down there, you might fall out of your tree.

upallnight11 19

there's obviously no hope for her & her chronic bitch syndrome

dont bother,be more confident,do what u want and enjoy ur date!

Even though sometimes they're are complete butt-holes. They deserve respect. Like I said, even if they are butt-holes.

Nobody deserves respect if they treat you disrespectfully, regardless of how old they are.

KeannaLove 32

I'm sorry, but age doesn't demand respect. Being respectful and kind to others earns respect. Age has nothing to do with it.

Someone who acts like a butthole does NOT deserve respect. If she's going to be a nasty bitch to OP, she doesn't deserve respect; she deserves a rude response.

dinosxxrawr 22

listen to her. I'm sure she knows from experience.

"Knows from experience"? So you're saying that just because she is old, she has a right to disrespect OP?

dinosxxrawr 22

I'm saying she's being mean because she couldn't save her own face either.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Your comments still made no sense.

Nobody understands what the hell you are talking about dinosxxrawr