By neighbor - 26/01/2014 13:08 - Australia - Mosman

Today, I was helping my elderly neighbor carry her groceries into her kitchen. When I finished, she sighed and said, "You're such a sweet girl. It's just a shame about your face." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 891
You deserved it 4 009

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sure you pretty and plus maybe she has bad eye sight

She probably said "pace" ... Next time be a bit quicker! You're not her age.

Comments

I'm sure you pretty and plus maybe she has bad eye sight

buttcramp 21

Exactly what I was thinking too! If she was wearing glasses, maybe she has something on them?

colton_colton 49

Every girl is pretty in some way, shape, or form!

everyone is beautiful to someone. that's the point of the saying "In the eye of the beholder"

Beauty is always a matter of opinion OP. Atleast you aren't trying to impress her.

Don't let her bring you down! You as hell are beautiful in your own way :)

Besides, a great personality can make someone appear more attractive.

You must be the smoothest person I know.

Maybe OP had piercing/s on her face? Some old people can be a little judgemental about that stuff , even over a Monroe or nose piercing... My dad is in his 80's and he never stops criticising people about their "stupid" piercings or even tattoos . Hell, he still criticises my belly button piercing and my 2nd right ear piercing because he thinks it's not right and stuff like that . He's just really stuck in the past . Let it go OP . I'm sure your piercing/s is/are cool , if that is the case . (Sorry for all the "/" marks . I noticed in other comments some people were being the grammar police) . Peace!!

Why the hurtful comment ? She seems mean like really mean

Another elderly FML. Old people are ruining many lives all over with their brutal truthfulness!

Because the woman is old. Old people have tons of 'get out of jail free' cards. I can't wait until I can go to the store and flip people the bird without judgement! It is going to be great!

\ 28

It's not always the fault of the elderly. They DO suffer from horrifying things like dementia and senility... Things that make them lose touch.

buttcramp 21

also, she may have been joking. sometimes my grandfather does things like this and people don't get the joke since he's usually so serious.

I agree. I work in a nursing home and the things that they can go through really mess them up.

My dad does that. ._. It makes people feel bad.

Lol, Elderly people are really honest, sometimes, sadly, brutally honest.

She probably said "pace" ... Next time be a bit quicker! You're not her age.

Well you ok now old people always think they can do/say anything just vecause they're old.

That's totally unfair, just because a person is older doesn't mean they are wiser or should be able to do what they want...

Definitely, respect gets respect. If someone shows a lack of respect they do not deserve it back just because they are older.

You should say, "It's a shame that people are so rude these days."

LookAttMyyLifee 12

I would be like "it's a shame about my arms too" & then drop the groceries .

Aaand… there she ruined the compliment.

Old people get away with it unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to get old so I can get away with shoplifting and blame it on my dementia

Im waiting for the day i can cut in line at McDonalds. Because EVERY time i go an old lady cuts in front of me.

Well, at least she thinks you're sweet even if not beauty pageant material.

If you look that feminine then you deserve it