By NoMeatFail - 27/02/2011 00:59 - Canada

Today, I was eating Campbell's vegetable soup. Halfway through, I started to read the ingredients and found beef broth. I have been a vegetarian for seven years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 932
You deserved it 55 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry darling, but you ARE supposed to read the ingredients before you buy it. It's no different than if you were allergic to something. ALWAYS read the ingredients if you choose not to eat certain things or cannot, for the sake of your health.

austo97 0

most vegetarians look at the ingredients before eating the food...

Comments

Obvs humans are the top of the food chain for a reason. what purpose to livestock serve other than to feed us? that's what I'll never understand about vegetarian/ vegan. I get that it's a "personal choice" but why? where is the logic behind it? your body needs those essential proteins and nutrients meat provides.

1) You should have read it. 2) Props for sticking to something like that for so long. 3) I still think meat is fan-*******-tastic though.

w00t w00t for meat being ducking fantastic.(: Go bacon! :D

Btw op vegetable soup is not vegetarian soup, it's just soup that contains vegetables YDI

velours_noir 2

I'm sorry but...who cares? I'd be more afraid if the label said "This product contains high levels of melamine" or something like that. It's not gonna kill you...

It's your subconscious' way of telling your body it needs meat!

ronkster44 2

You murderer!!!!!! You helped kill a cow, how could you do such a thing? On the other hand, I bet it was the best tasting meal you've had in 7 years...

horseracingjocey 0

A lot of meals that are considered "Vegetarian" actually have some sort of meat product in them. McDonalds fries had beef "juice" in it and they got a whole lot of abuse for it. I don't think you deserved it, but it will teach you to read labels from now on. I'm a meat eater but I believe in organic and free range meat. Meat only has to be cruel if you let it be.

you really have to read the ingredients on everything if you have and special dietary requirements. take this as a lesson and constant reminder to start.